I have a few hobby's, this is the other odd one ....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

4 Fresh Todd Johnson Pipes
New Cigars
24 Fresh Brigham Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I've always been a big fan of horror movies and besides pipe smoking and some woodworking my other hobby (and side business) is Horror cosplay and Halloween costumes. I make hockey masks and costume items (props, clothing, etc.) to sell, as well as for my own stable of costumes.
I not only dress up for Halloween, but also for conventions, festivals and contests. I am working on trying to get some Halloween party and photo shoot work this coming month as I've stepped my costume game up exponentially from a year ago. I was asked this past week to appear in costume for a movie premiere locally and will be doing so again in a couple weeks for a major film festival in Denver, The Mile High Horror Film Festival.
With fall knocking at our door and Halloween approaching, I wanted to share one of my other passions (the one that has kept me from smoking a pipe for over a week now). I've always loved Halloween since I was a kid and as an adult I've been afforded the time, money and talent to put together some really great costumes I could have only dreamed about as a kid.
FREDDY KRUEGER from A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
freddy-448x600.jpg

JASON VOORHEES from FRIDAY THE 13TH (this look is from the 2009 remake)
jason-450x600.jpg

MICHAEL MYERS from HALLOWEEN (this look is from Halloween 2 -1981-)
michael-455x600.jpg

BABYFACE from THE HILLS RUN RED (a 2009 Direct-to-DVD release)
babyface-407x600.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Pipe smoking. I know to us it isn't odd, but to the public pipe smoking and Halloween costumes are odd hobby's.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Pretty fun looking hobby. I have a buddy that takes off every Friday the 13th as far in advance as he can and watches every movie religiously. He was so stoked recently when he told me that Friday 13th part 13 was in the works, the final movie. I guess we sorta bonded my last name being Friday and all...

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
A man after my own heart. I grew up around my parents video stores surrounded by awesomely bad box art and promotional posters and watched all the horror movies with my cousins. Halloween is my favorite as well, although I do not have your costuming prowess. Excellent work displayed here, I wish I could trick or treat your house.
Darthcider, do you have any Starburst Baboons or Thai Cobalts?

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Nice costumes. BTW, pipe smoking, AND your costume hobby is no more an "odd" hobby than say... something like knitting. It's just a hobby, end of story.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Someone was reaching for their Ruger. I think it's true, in this day and age, you have to be careful not to be misunderstood

in some situation a person would be taken by surprise. Most people would figure it out, but not everyone.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
trailboss, I know you were kidding, and didn't mean you. Before I came to your post, I just thought, if I went out

in a really effective horror movie costume, I think I'd want to leave off the mask or make-up until I got to the

staged event. Not being timid, just practical. A lot of places have laws about wearing masks in public, just to

keep some clarity in public interactions. People do regularly make serious mistakes in judgements, as we know.

Back to the top of the thread, those are incredibly high grade costumes. If I needed to throw a fright into an

audience, 'bragg would be my man.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@derfargin, to plenty it is odd seeing a 29 year old man smoking a pipe and I get even more puzzled reactions when I show up at work with another hockey mask or Freddy Krueger sweater to ship to a customer. It is all worthwhile when October shows up and I get plenty of good reactions and some extra income.
@mso, I don't walk around town at random in them, nor do I drive in them either, at least not with the masks on. I went into 7/11 last year in one of them (sans mask) and got some odd looks (it was October, I was heading to a party, but it wasn't Halloween yet).
Appreciate the forum applause. The theme I am doing this year for Halloween is A Nightmare on Elm Street, can only wear one costume at a time. I will be wearing three costumes for the horror film festival but I am hoping to find other costume work this next month and also enter some costume contests.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Very nice work!! Loved the first "Nightmare" movie. I love horror movies, too. Two of the best in recent memory: "The Grudge," which scared the bejeezus outta' me, and "Ghost Ship." :) Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.