PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
:evil: So I went to the store to grab a bottle of water and used my visa check card...denied????

I call the bank and they ask if I authorised any transactions to USPS on the 22nd at 9am as he is going through my history with me. I advised, "No." I am now a victom of FRAUD. They drained my account to send packages to who knows where. Caused hundreds of dollars in overdraft and NSF fees, Forced me to cancel my card for a reissue. And here is the kicker its another 10 days before they finish the dispute review...in otherwords untill then I am broke and racking up more fees from pending transactions.
FML :evil:

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
I had that happen when I was in Afghanistan. I swiped my card at an atm and it had a phishing device on it.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
This happened to us 2 months ago. It was the result of a phishing situation as well. (Not Phish the band)
Someone in Russia was buying sporting goods for 2 days before they were caught.
This is a huge problem man. Sorry you had to deal with it.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I lost about 2000 bucks last year becasue of fraud, I have to say the bank was real good about it, they had it all fixed pretty quick

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Yep I had someone trying to buy train tickets in france. I use a credit union so it didnt cost me a cent :)

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
The bank said they can get it from just about anywhere that you may have put it online at. So from now on all tobacco purchases are done by phone for me.

irish2fish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2011
Alaska
That sucks! When I was in the Stan the first time I had a guy buy couches and pay his phone bills with my money. I had no way to check it, and it took months to straighten out. They do way better with that stuff now. hope it gets fixed quickly for you.

standardgewehr

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2011
You'll be fine, the banks look at it as the cost of doing business and will make everything right.
As to where they got it, it's could've anywhere. There are folks who sell credit and debit card numbers wholesale online from databases of "good" numbers, there is online hacking, and anyone could have run your card through a small card reader for later use (think bartender, waitress, clerk, etc.)
Just relax and endure, and hope Karma catches up with the bastards.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
I was a victim of that as well. Some one spent the over 2000$ at a convince store in new York, while I live in Ohio.

Sorry it happened to you too.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Wow and I get mad when I have to repetedly call my bank because things just pend to I verify the charge. Happens about once a month if I have more then 2 purches over 70 bucks in a 3 day period.

Anyway you should not be liable for the overdraft fees as it was caused by fraud.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
You'll be fine, the banks look at it as the cost of doing business and will make everything right.
That is correct, it happened to my brother once. His card was stolen from him, and they spent about 2 grand. The banks made it right. It is a pain the ass. I don't think there is any one way to be 100% safe from it be it on line or in the streets. Be cautious and watch your accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.