PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thank you! I will let you know how it smokes. If it smokes as well as my other Dunhill I know it will be awesome.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Very cool, indeed. CK is Cockney for "hen's teeth", I think. :lol:
The post-war through early/mid-60's production is arguably Dunhill's best, technically, patent stamp or no.
The pic is too dark to tell: Is the stem Cumberland (which would be a Shell first, as far as I know), or just oxidized?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Eh I suppose it's okay... assuming one likes Rhodesians, Dunhills, or awesome pipes.... But whatevs[/i]
itlics has been utilized here as a way of communicating sarcasm. Wicked nice Dunhill!

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thank you.

Beefeater No, it's not my birth year. I was hatched in 1953 so I am still looking for a 1953 but I saw this one and couldn't pass.

I've bought from Dave a few times before and he is a 100% honest and great person to deal with.

I'm sure all the other site sponsors and numerous other artisans mentioned on here are as well, but so far Dave is the only one I have experience dealing with.
A few more pics.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome to Club CK! I have a '71 Shell. My birthyear is '61, so if I had seen that one, I would have grabbed it.

Mine is also a filter pipe. I fitted a modified Savinelli 6 mm filter adaptor and I think my pipe smokes better with the filter. (there's a thread here on that pipe/filter)

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks Al

I smoke all my pipes without filters. I have a Savinelli 6mm adapter and will give it a whirl with and without.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I should clarify. None of my other pipes are filter pipes. Both of my vintage Dunhills are 6 mm filter pipes. Without the filter adaptor in the stem, the draw was far too open.
Here is the CK stem with adaptor inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.