PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
For those of you who might have run into me at a pipe show, you'll see I nearly always have my girlfriend (now fiancee) with me. When I see old friends and she's not immediately visible, it's not-- "Hey Dan, good to see you!"-- it's "Where's Gabbie?" Like I'm chopped liver or some such :lol:. She's a gem! I popped the question on Christmas Eve and to my great happiness she accepted. Just figured I'd share with my forum friends. Raise a pipe for this lucky guy when you next light up!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Congrats! :clap:
It was 8 years ago on x-mas eve that I did the same thing. Kinda funny story, actually. At the time, my wife needed a part for her car and I jokingly told her that I would get it for x-mas and fix her car. Well, when x-mas eve came around, there was a ring sized box placed under the tree along with some others. When she got to that one, you could see the reserved excitement building. Upon opening the package ... there was the car part she needed! 8O However, while she was distracted and confused, I had reached into my pocket, grabbed the ring and dropped to one knee. Not a dry eye in the room!
I wish many years of happiness for you both and raise a bowl in celebration! :puffy:

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Congrats Dan... here's to many years of health and happiness together.
Cobguy... thats a great story, would have loved to see her face when she opened the box to find a car part and not a ring :rofl:

Dec 24, 2012
Congratulation. I hope you have a long and happy marriage.
Cobguy, great story. You are truly the Casanova of Cobs.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Congrats. I asked the question in a horse drawn carriage in Dallas. We had a hard time convincing the driver that we did not want her tour speech on the assassination of JFK.

Status
Not open for further replies.