PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Folks I'm really sorry about about my last post.I realized after it was too late to change it that the title implied that I was giving away pipes.Of course you caught it.I have given away a few pipes to those just starting out.I wish I could give away a lot of pipes.I'm not in a situation though that allows me to do that.Again I'm sorry for mis-leading you.Please understand that my brain is old and doesn't always work at peak efficiency.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
If you read the post, everyone should understand. I happen to agree with your original post on that topic. I dont think you need to apologize, the people who just read the topic and then posted without reading your original post are the ones who messed up.
Happy puffing :puffy:

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
You didn't goof at all. The subject line actually had relation to your post. I found it disheartening that your friend didn't stick with the hobby. You definitely enriched the hobby by giving him that pipe and telling us your experience.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
What pattern is that? That we all suffer from brain farts? Yes. You should be afraid. Very afraid.
-Jason

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
you mean the pattern where people start getting defensive?
it's real easy to misinterpret what is said online.
It's impossible to live free and not piss at least a decent percentage of people off. Some people are better at recognizing and accepting that fact than others.
Puffy was clarifying. Heh and I'm pretty sure he didn't even mislead anyone, which makes this whole thread pretty funny.
But the subject that led to this post is real, we've almost lost the company of some good people here because this was said or that was said and somebody took offense or somebody got defensive or blah blah blah. And that's only in the short bit of time I've been on the forums.
so anyhow may God bless the politeness, courtesy, honesty and friendship that brings us all back here for more talks and fun.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Oh man, I was so hoping for a free pipe! :wink:
I don't think anyone could have misread your post that badly.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
6Oj78.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.