PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
After being on salary for about 8 years, my company announced my position is eligible for overtime again, starting next month. Since I already work much more than 40 hour per week, this is a huge raise. It is hard to describe how thankful I am for this.
Winton

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Rickpal14, I certainly am looking forward to Chicago again. Again, what I make off tampers will determine what I spend the rest of the show. The OT will be used to rebuild cash reserves, paydown mortgage, and other important items. But there is a really cool nosewarmer poker pipe with a tapered stem I am admiring on eBay. The carver keeps adding ones like it. Hope to see you at Chicago again.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Congratulations and best wishes for a prosperous future.........

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Salary positions are a way that employers get out of paying their employees for hours worked, it is simply WRONG. Corporations started this in their ever increasing desire for maximum profits at the expense of the employee and their families. I worked over 100 hours extra last year for a worthless POS asshole who doesn't give a shit about hisself or any of his employees, and got paid ZERO. Done this three times through the years, so I only have myself to blame, just like George Carlin said, They don't care about you, all they want is Obedient Workers.
Sorry didn't mean to pee on your parade. :wink:

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
One day I hope to get paid for overtime. I work hourly but for sponsored funds so if I work OT, I get it back in 'comp time' that I never have time to take. Theoretically, I could get paid for my OT but that would just deplete my funding. Also, I'm only allowed to get paid for 39 hours so that they don't have to pay for my benefits. Big business? Kinda. Ivy league university. High minded rhetoric, low down pay practice.
Anyway, congrats winton! You are living the dream!

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Congratulations, Winton. Perhaps they saw the work you do, and the OT is a tribute to your value?

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Thats a nice thoght cynyr, but I think they were having trouble hiring other mortgage underwriters without paying OT. The industry changed a while ago and my company is normally slow to change. Still I love what I do and will continue to do my best. The OT is going to ease a lot of budget pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.