PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Totally addicted to it. Totally susceptible to the subliminal images of peacefulness, fishing, chillin.
Awesome and extremely effective advertising! If that doesn't make you want to start smokin a pipe, nothing will

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Those cobby little beggars sell themselves fastened to their cardboard display in a pipe shop or

convenience store. But the ads set the scene.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
That big factory automatic pipe maker machine grinds up more corn cobs into pipes every hour, than Peterson makes in three years!
Lets us buy a sack full of corn cob pipes for less than the price of one Dr. Grabow.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I was just wondering about the cobs, I have 2 on the way and am expecting them any day now. How long do they last if smoked about a dozen times a week? I love that they are so cheap but does the old adage apply that "you get what you pay for" ?????

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I picked up my first pipe at the drug store in May. It's a Legend. I smoked it instead of cigarettes every day for weeks...it developed some distortion/expansion/bulging at its 'waist' or the area around the stem and they seem to be growing but they're not through to the chamber and it's still smoking like a champ.
I've acquired several more cobs since, in addition to briars and meers.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Well I received my 2 Cobbs today and after just one bowl I can understand why they are called the Missouri Meerchaum... They are so smooth and a pleasure to smoke from, I got 2 straights and now want to try the bent cob. Will definitely add a few more to my collection, they are worthy of the name "pipes". :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.