• Started 7 years ago by jchaplick
  • Latest reply from tokerpipes
  1. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just how good a smoke clay pipes are.

Smoking macbarens vanilla creme, out of my 221b baker st clay

Congress seems to believe that 'Children are our future' is a phrase coined by tobacco advertisers.
    Jef I. Richards
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. tokerpipes

tokerpipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Maybe I need to get a clay pipe. I have heard nothing but good things. I figured they got kinda hot to the touch.

If you can't pack it, light it, and smoke it then why do it. It's a dieing art that must be rekindled in all of us as fortold by our forefathers.

Words to live by for all pipe smokers.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I figured they got kinda hot to the touch.

Understatement....they really do, but they provide one cool smoke, I highly recomend the baker st from http://www.pipeshoppe.com/ps_p2003S.php

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Theres an old timey festival by me over the summer. I've seen clay pipes there. I might get one. I'm assuming since the bowl get so hot you hold it by the stem. Is that comfortable?

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. mushjoon

mushjoon

Login to Send PM

For me, I like to think of it as holding a long pencil. It's comfortable indeed, but the bowl gets unbelievably hot. I almost scorched my fingerprint while attempting to hold it by the bowl.

And if you are thinking about buying it online, get it from the site above: http://www.pipeshoppe.com

The owner has good knowledge about a great customer service.

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm assuming since the bowl get so hot you hold it by the stem. Is that comfortable?

Bingo. Yeah, I either hold it by the stem with the bowl hovering behind my fingers, but I have quite large hands,either that or with my thumb and two fingers like a pencil with the stem being the point and the little nubbin of the cutty resting on the meat behind my thumb

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. modernchicago

modernchicago

Login to Send PM

one of my biggest pipe-buying regrets came when I lost an auction for a solid silver, British military pipe rack which held / came with 12 clay pipes with varying military insignias - all unsmoked. It was on ebay and eventually sold for 200 bucks, but was clearly worth 10 times that much. I imagined how ceremonial it would be for a bachelor party or fishing outing, etc...or just sitting there.

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. tokerpipes

tokerpipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am so on a budget that i just made my tobacco order and got a pipe from lonestar that i dont think i can get a clay this go around. Damn lonestar you had to put the pipes up lastnight, but i couldnt pass it up. Oh well I guess i will wait it out.

Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cfreud, mikey517, burleyboy, georged, haparnold, pepesdad1, lawdawg, the85boro