PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Before you go off on me...it was a 70 year old Peterson 307 that had just arrived in the mail from fellow member ashdigger.
I promised a first smoke report when I bought it from ashdigger and here it is, short and sweet.
OMFG....60 minutes of pure heaven. Dry as a bone and cool as a cucumber from the charring light to the last puff of grey ash.
I'm still a novice to pipes, but if you ever get a chance to get hold of a pre republic Pete, don't hesitate.
The downside of all this is that I think I've now been spoiled...I want the same vintage little 317 for my fishing vest and walks to the park.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
it was a 70 year old Peterson 307
Give a guy a chance befor you throw out a disclaimer, I had a good one for you, maby next time
Ya that Ash is a stand up guy, a true gem, congrats and enjoy :puffpipe:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Nice....for a moment though I thought grandma had wondered off again..... :lol:

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I remember that one. I almost pulled the trigger but I waited too long. It did start up my quest for a Pete.
Enjoy!

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
randelli,
I read your other thread on this and I'm really far from knowledgeable, but I'll give you my thoughts on the 307, which I believe has the same bowl size as the 314.
I'm not exactly a slow smoker, but I'm getting an hour out of a bowl in the 307. Sometimes, that's just too much and I've already decided that when I find the right one, there's a 317 in my future. Propotionally, I'm estimating I'll get about 30-35 minutes from that size bowl. There are many many times where I'd be happy with a 30 minute smoke, especially later at night when I just feel like a smoke but really shouldn't because by the time I fill the bowl, smoke it all, let the pipe cool down a bit and clean it, I'll be well past my bedtime :)

Status
Not open for further replies.