PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
So, I get this call yesterday from a friend's wife handling a local estate sale. She tells me that I might be interested in looking at them, that they were made in Italy. As it turns out, the smoker passed over 10 years ago and his wife is selling things off as she downsizes. Anyway, I took a quick look at them and they accepted my offer. Then, I ran to my truck with the box of pipes :lol:
I'm not sure what they are worth but will be selling them shortly. They look clean and I'll clean them more. I don't see any damage or teeth marks.
I may decide to add some of my pipes as they are long overdue for a culling.
Box of 13 that I picked up.

Two Ser Jacobo

Two Ardor

Brebbia

Three Savinelli

Two Ascor/Ascots(can't tell which is the name)

Two Caminetto

Peterson

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
Wow! Great find for you and great taste by whoever bought them originally! I love the Peterson and the Ser Jacopo Dublin.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
I almost didn't drive the 28 miles to the Estate Sale. When she first called me, I asked her who made the pipes. She didn't know. I said to her that if they were Dunhills, to call me. She called me back and asked if Italian pipes were any good.
I already have too many pipes! I may keep one or two of the Billiards and add a couple of my existing pipes to thin the heard.
Shoot me an email if interested in any. Give me a week, say April 14th to get a grip on their value. I'll want to move them!
Franco2151@outlook.com

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
The Caminetto pipes that are most collectible are the ones stamped Ascorti/Radice, having both names and also the small thin moustach logo on the stem.

email sent.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
They have the moustaches on the stem.
I have to run to the hospital. Ill check back tonight as well as any emails.
In the Savinelli photo, the top pipe is a Amorelli.
Franco

Status
Not open for further replies.