Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:   

I feking love Frog Morton

(24 posts)
  1. sherlock

sherlock

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Before this site I smoke From Morton et all almost exclusively. I stopped to enjoy all of the tobaccos that you all enjoy but decided to go back to my old favorite. Man I love the stuff. What did you smoke before you joined the forum?

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ck12

Login to Send PM

i just smoked a bowl of on the town about an hour ago. great smoke all the time never lets me down.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

What did you smoke before you joined the forum

To many blends to lst!

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. pawpaw

pawpaw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Half & Half still get a pouch every now and then . i have enjoyed the variety much more than being a single blend person but as an all day smoker i do have some favorite blends like epiphany , haddos and river boat gambler

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had only smoked aromatics until about fifteen years ago a friend gave me a bowl of Frog Morton to try.I'm still in love with Latakia after these many years.The folks who make Frog Morton have a bulk blend 2045 which I think is very similar.

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 7 years ago #
  6. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had only smoked aromatics until about fifteen years ago a friend gave me a bowl of Frog Morton to try.I'm still in love with Latakia after these many years.The folks who make Frog Morton have a bulk blend 2045 which I think is very similar.

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. abecox

abecox

Login to Send PM

Super Value pipe tobacco.

Thankfully, I've learned the error of my ways.

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. cthulhu

cthulhu

Login to Send PM

My favorite pipe has never seen any other tobacco but Frog Morton. One of my favorites!

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. olderthandirt

OTD

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What did you smoke before you joined the forum?

PA, Half&Half, Middletons Cherry.... no more!

Snus, snuff and briar.
    Not much more required in a day.
    Brian from Oregon USA
    Posted 7 years ago #
  10. gecko13

gecko13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I used to smoke a lot of BCA from Walgreens and a blend they used to carry a value blend called Black and Burley. I used to also smoke SWR, which I still keep in my rotation. Then a couple years ago I began to explore English Blends, but not too seriously. After joining the forum I opened my eyes and looked at all that I could be found on line, and that began my spiral descent into full blown TAD. So many blends, so little time and money.

"To Learn Who Rules You, Find Out Who You Can't Criticize" Voltaire

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."
    Posted 7 years ago #
  11. yohanan

yohanan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes, Frog Morton is very good. I plan to try the other 3 in the near future.

Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks...
    Posted 7 years ago #
  12. kcghost

kcghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like Frog Morton a lot. Whether it be the original, or On the Town, or On the Bayou i really appreciate the fullness of this tobacco. Don't care for the Across the Pond version, though.

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. iowamike

iowamike

Login to Send PM

Frog Morton is my goto smoke.

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. bootlegbonvivant

bootlegbonvivant

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just tried FMOTT this morning and was a great smoke. Will definitely Keep this one going

Southerners don't talk slow because they're dumb, we do it because there's really no rush.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  15. dongreyface

DonGreyface

Login to Send PM

Too many to try, not enough time...damn. I'm just gonna have to wait till I need some tobacco before I try this Frog Morton. You all make is sound soooo damn good.

Please allow me to adjust my pants,
    so that I may dance the good time dance,
    and put all the on-lookers and inocent bystanders into a trance.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  16. kamikazesasquatch

kamikazesasquatch

Login to Send PM

For those interested in trying all 4 pipesandcigars.com has a fair price on a sampler that includes a tin of each.
    http://pipesandcigars.com/frwecosa.html

No, my name is spelled 'Luxury Yacht' but it's actually pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  17. harrier52

harrier52

Login to Send PM

Frog Morton on the Town is my absolute favorite smoke. Truly enjoy the other 3 flavors as well.

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."

-William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Social Pipe
    Posted 7 years ago #
  18. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mostly University and Irish flake. I like the Frog Morton tin labels, but as they contain latakia I stay away from them.

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. briarbrother

briarbrother

Login to Send PM

I am very fond of the Frog Morton blends..one question though..in which order should i smoke the frog morton blends (bayou in the morning, across the pond,on the town and frog morton original at night?? I am trying to set up a daily schedule from mildest (morning) to afternoon and nighttime smoking sessions. In what order (daily rotations) does everyone smoke their favorite blends?

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. sherlock

sherlock

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a sweet tooth, so I would say FMOTT in the morning, then On the Town, Bayou and then FM original at night. I am not sure it is mild to strong, but it seems like a good rotation to me.

Posted 7 years ago #
  21. briarbrother

briarbrother

Login to Send PM

Which G.L. Pease blends are similar to the frog morton blends?? I am a new pipe smoker and mostly smoke aromatics and the frog morton line (especially the original and on the town). I would like to take a big leap and order some g.l. pease blends to transition me on the road to english blends. According to what i read, the frog morton line is not an english blend but a "mild english crossover"?? I'm a little scared ordering blends I dont know much about or how they are going to taste and smell ( i smoke around alot of non-smokers)?? If anyone has any comparisons to the frog morton line, insight, or suggestions...they are greatly appreciated?? This is what I was considering ordering (waiting on insight before i place order):

Barbary Coast 2 oz
    Blackpoint 2 oz
    Charing Cross 2oz
    Maltese Falcon 2oz
    Odyssey 2oz
    Picadilly 2oz
    Samarra 2oz
    Union Square 2oz
    Westminster 8 oz
    frog morton 100g
    frog morton on the town 100g
    cao tin blue note (dan tobacco?)
    First responders (tribute remake?)

Posted 7 years ago #
  22. mushjoon

mushjoon

Login to Send PM

I just bought Frog Morton on the Bayou today, and I fell in love with it.

Corn cob, clay, it doesn't matter; tobacco smoked great in any bowl.

I loved it so much that I smoked 3 times today. (Usually, I'm not such a heavy smoker. I only smoke 2-3 times per week.)

Posted 7 years ago #
  23. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I would like to take a big leap and order some g.l. pease blends to transition me on the road to english blends.

I order the GLP Blackpoint and mix it 50/50 with the Kensington for my own English 'private stock' blend. Blackpoint is heavier with more Latakia and may be a bit much for you. I would recommend trying Westminster and Kensington with Westminster being the milder of the two. These are excellent tobacco blends and you'll get a good English type blend experience with these.

Posted 7 years ago #
  24. dburrows

Chris

Login to Send PM

If anyone has any comparisons to the frog morton line, insight, or suggestions...

I really love Westminster but I'm not sure I would recommend it first off around non-smokers (though I've been complimented on it by one). The frog's are going to seem very mild compared to Westminster. I can't speak to the other blends you mention.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. -- C. S. Lewis, Theologian, Philosopher, Professor, Pipe smoker.
    Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   smittyd, mso489, the85boro, jguss, donjgiles, yaboofive, skeeter456