PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
If anyone would have said to me 9 months ago "Before the year is out, you'll see a day when you receive a shipment of 25 tins from C&D along with 4 different tins of Balkan/Latakia H&H blends", it would have taken me 5 minutes to get off the floor from laughing. I had to check to make sure this wasn't Friday the 13th. Here I am, gazing over 27 tins of C&D Red Va sweetness and a tin each of Magnum Opus, BlackHouse, Fusilier's Ration and WhiteKnight. Trying to decide which of the H&H tins to crack first.
Thanks to you people here, in an incredibly short period of time, I've lost my pipe smoking arrogance/snobbery, own 7 MM's and love them, found 3 Sutliff blends I like and will purchase again ... and then this today. I think I'll call Comcast and cancel the internet service before it is too late. Just to be clear, while I may have lost most of my pipe smoking arrogance/snobbery, aside from that, I can still be an arrogant prick. I don't think even this crowd can alter that. :nana:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Addiction is fed by action. Stopping the action stops the craving to act. The longer you don't act the less the craving. For some the craving goes away, but for others it may linger for years. Remember that the craving passes in a matter of minutes. The problem then becomes getting through that short time, this time and next time.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I’m with you Hoosier. I too was triggered by a Red Run. Oh, and by the way, you can’t be a prick. We’ve smoked together in Chicago and I don’t smoke with pricks. Now arrogant SOB’s, that’s a different story. :rofl:
Photo evidence of the doom.

fEfpbRI.jpg

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Lemme know what you think of the Fusilier's .. I heard 50/50 reviews and haven't gotten around to buying a tin or 2.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I too went a little crazy on the C&D Carolina Red Flake. Even picked up a new sub-$100 Pete in the process that came with a free C&D Christmas themed tin of one of my favorite regular production C&D blends. Christmas came early this year and you have to reward yourself every once in a while. I'm back to fighting the good fight against PAD/TAD now, we'll see how long it lasts.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Salt, cut the crap. You're enabling the man. Make him gut it out -- have send it all to you, NOW, so he'll be ready to go cold turkey next Thurkey!
Jay, I'm with you. You ghost write the book & I PROMISE you I'll buy at LEAST 30 copies! }:)

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Decided to dive in and try BlackHouse first. Now I understand what people are talking about. Wish I'd have listened sooner. What a fabulous blend! Smoked it in a larger cob, I hated for it to end. That is a definitely absolutely a blend I'll be wanting more of.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Snobbery really doesn't fly with pipe smoking. Far too much to enjoy and far too much to miss if you turn your nose up at it. Probably the most diverse of any tobacco products. Glad you're enjoying it. It just gets worse from there. :rofl:

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
"...I've lost my pipe smoking arrogance/snobbery"
Mark I'll help divest you of your snobbish Rad Davis, Castello, and Larryson pipes in exchange for 20 pounds of Lane blackberry burley. Toss in that Cermak squat tomato and I'll even throw in some MM cob seconds because I like tolerate you.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Smoked a bowl of each of the HH blends, 2 of Black House, all in cobs. All were very good. I liked Black House best and perhaps surprisingly, Fusilier's Ration next, Magnum Opus 3rd and White Knight least (although this is a blend I will smoke again). I can see now why people speak of Russ O and his blending genius. Very well deserved. A big disappointed in my self for waiting so long to try these blends.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I LOVE Fusillier's Ration. Similar to Bengal Slices (as Russ was intending), but I like it better.
CW

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Steak is great but, sometimes, nothing can replace a good burger!
Jay, I agree with the gist of your analogy but these H&H blends aren't cheap blends that somehow smoke and taste good. Seemed like very high quality to me at least. I had simply formed an incorrect stereotype opinion. After seeing so many people here post about liking several of them, I decided to buy them and form my own opinion. Happy I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.