PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Okay, I just bought my first Dunhill. Got it on ebay. This is exactly the style I like, over-sized at 6.5 inches long, a sandblast and a billiard.
dunhill-odb-600x450.jpg

Amazingly, there were no bids on it, and so I placed my bid just $10 over the reserve a mere 12 secs before it closed out and wouldn't you know it, someone bid at the exact same time, but I still won the bid $3 shy of my max bid!
I will share the before and after pics once it is received.
My wife has been extremely patient with my pipe smoking and purchases, but I have to STOP. I can beat PAD (I can, I swear it)!

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Congrats Six, that's a beautiful Dunhill... I said that about PAD as well, so far it hasn't worked out.. :twisted:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks guys - I can't wait to receive it.
Did you figure out what year it is? It is an estate pipe yes?
Yes, it is an estate. Unfortunately, there was practically no info on the pipe except it's dimensions, so I was taking my chances when bidding for it, but this was the first Dunhill that really "spoke" to me and the price was right. It met all my criteria for a great pipe.
I will re-post once it is received—wish me luck.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. I hope you can enjoy it for many years to come. The good thing is that your bid was enough and you ended up the winner. Ebay is funny at times. I won one item before by 50 sents.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Great looking pipe six! Just the style I prefer too. You have taken the first step to beating PAD. You have admitted you have a problem. :)

Aug 14, 2012
Congratulations Six. Wanting pipes is not a disorder. I have 108 at the moment and do not feel disordered at all. Yes my wife thinks I am nuts, but she is not a smoker, and thankfully self supporting. We have separate financial lives and bank accounts.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
You can assure your wife that now you have your Dunhill, you can die a happy man and most certainly won't be purchasing another pipe for a long while {then whisper} "At least not until after New Year's..."
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! +10,000

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Rothnh, I agree, I think it has some age to it.
stummel end of the stem
stummel?! I learn something new every day!
Foggy, a 108?! Nice number. I told my wife "that is my last pipe!" (then I mumbled "most likely") :puffy:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats numbersix. Great score!
We have separate financial lives and bank accounts.
Wow! I learn I'm more like you guys everyday. Pipesmokers sure are a smart lot.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Here's a crude, but informative drawing with the parts of a smoking pipe:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-Pipe-Part-1-The-Stummel/
I cannot believe I hadn't heard the term before. 8O

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
What a classic looking Dunhill, it is beautiful. Way to go Six, I know you have been wanting one like that for a while and you got it. I am sure you got a great deal on it. You definitely have to report while you are smoking it. I am very happy for you.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Reminds me a little of the Dunnie I scored a little bit ago and for right about the same price! You will love it. Mine is a pleasure to smoke, yours will be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.