PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Well, I turned 23 today...and I don't feel any different, maybe it's because I get along with people that are my parent's/grandparent's age better than people my age. Just another year under the belt, and a larger chance of me complaining about the teenagers.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Congrats on the birthing day!
I noticed I really started to complain about teenagers when I hit 25 - well, that and the hair started to go...

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
I turn 31 this year and still do not believe I am aware of any major differences. Really depends on the person I guess.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Happy Birthday Boz.
Please enjoy your day celebrating with family and friends. You are still young so you have lots more birthdays to enjoy.

bbarnes

Lurker
Apr 16, 2013
Mississippi
Yeah every birthday after 21 has felt the same for me. No big milestones after that. I'm 26 now and am in the same boat as oklansas. Could have something to do with being married for 7 years and having 2 kids lol. But I digress...Happy Birthday Boz!

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I turn 56 in May and still feel like I'm in high school. I think its because I never had any kids of my own so I never really had to grow up. From what I can tell, as soon as you have your own kids you have to grow up and act like Dad. Don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing but sometimes I still behave like I'm 20. I do have fun though.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Congrats, I just hit the big 21, on April 23. I feel the same way, especially about those dang kids! Happy birthday to ya!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Congrats and Happy Birthday mate. You probably won't notice a difference until quite a few more have come and gone. I am only 48 but...... I notice at work, when I have to climb over equipement to clean it, it takes me longer and more effort than many of my co-workers. Also, anything strenuous that I do today, I am sure to be reminded of it tomorrow.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Happy Birthday!
The whole "feeling older" thing kinda sneaks up on you. I felt some of it at 45 (2 years ago...), some of it at around 38 (when I suddenly needed glasses), and I think I had a little twinge sometime in the late 20's... :D
But given that I've got a grandparent on either side of the family that made it past 95, I figure I'm due for a midlife crisis any time now.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Happy Birthday.
I personally thought I would have become an adult by the time I was 40 but it still hasn't happened. ha ha

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I turned 23, I was somewhere on the South China Sea. I didn't feel any older, but I wondered if I

would get much older. Now I'm 66 and a third, two thirds of a century, not nearly as old as I would like

to get. I do feel older, but life gets more interesting, as you have lived more history to compare to the

present. Completely new things happen, and history repeats, and every turn surprises me, or fascinates

me.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Boz enjoy your youth, like you growing up I enjoyed the company of older people, I was raised somewhat by my Grandparents, don"t think about it, it"ll come ringing in so fast you will one day say to yourself , Where did it go, Try to be a good man so when and if you have a family they won"t be ashamed of you, Happy Birthday, may you have many more.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I quit having birthdays at the end of my 22nd year.

I have anniversaries.
I hope you enjoyed the 2nd anniversary of your 21st birthday. :clap:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Mac Baren HH Matured Virginia in a Julius Vesz ③ dead root briar bulldog.

DSCN0458.jpg

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Happy birthday; don't worry about feeling older... One day you'll wake up and just know it's going to rain later. Why do you think old guys are always talking about the weather. :rofl:

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Happy Birthday..I felt young until I hit 45 Then I started to notice changes.I'm 70 now and it hurts.I know 70 probably seems very far away to you now.It doesn't seem to me that long ago though that I was in my twenties..Enjoy being young.You only experience once.

Status
Not open for further replies.