PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I bought this cigar box a while back and intended to make something with it. Last night I had a great idea! I have two meers that were birthday presents but they did not come with cases and I didn't like the fact they just sit in the rack with the others unprotected. With time, a display board, costume silk, a cigar box, and some patience I made this and am pretty happy at how it came out. It was pretty hard to picture but I cut out the rough shape of the pipes to create a nice indent for them to sit in. Right in the middle I made another indent to fit a Zippo. Now I have a case for these babies!

bwithers55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 17, 2012
Wow- way cool!
Do you know anybody that does make fitted cases?
I'm on a quest!
Best Wishes,

Bill Withers

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks guys, I am proud of it. If I could only get rid of the "Gordo" on the front of it. I have an idea but not sure if it will work. Its more covering it but we shall see if I can find something I can use.
Do you know anybody that does make fitted cases?
ME!! :rofl:
I think you mean individual cases with hinges and such. I have never seen anyone that makes them.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
That's creative, it looks great. This is a good idea. I'd love to make one like that just for my lighters.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Gordo: Sand it off and Sherwin Williams can match the stain for you. Or find a logo you like and epoxy glue it over it maybe.

I live the color redbeard.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
That's creative, it looks great. This is a good idea. I'd love to make one like that just for my lighters.
Good idea!!
And thanks to everyone again. Feel free to keep the praises coming LOL!! Just kidding... But really. :rofl:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some of the artwork on tobacco packaging, especially tins, is so interesting, if you could find a detail that

would serve as a sort of crest to glue over the Gordo lettering, that might do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.