Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Well I may be sick but it doesn't stop me from shopping. This is a Castello size SC so that means it was made in the 60's or before and a years before the K grading system.
http://www.neatpipes.com/Prodotto/estate-castello-sea-rock-briar-sc/&id=114&idcategory=27
I can't link directly to the video but check it out!
Thanks Cortezattic for creating helping to create a monster!
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-new-castello-sea-rock-briar-billiard-kkk

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea, it went reserved as soon as I bought it. I just can't say enough about my favorite brand of pipes. I have had that "Perfect Smoke" out of the six I already own time and time again. IMHO there is nothing finer than a Castello Sea Rock. There are a lot of higher end Castello Collection Pipes out there. But I love the Sea Rock.
"Castello Sea Rock Briar (Trade Mark) has been the first mark used by Carlo Scotti during his very first manufacture, since 1947. It was born thanks to his intuition who, fascinated by the drafts that the erosion of the waves created on the rocks, wanted to transport them on the bowl of his pipes."

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
The Sea Rock briars have the greatest rustication. I absolutely love mine. I am so jealous, lol. I also have a Pete 264 emerald that is just as craggy, but a bit smaller. Great smoking pipes!

Dec 24, 2012
Congrats my friend. I have a couple sea rocks as well and they are fantastic smokers and look fantastic to boot.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Chris, another beauty. I love a great looking Lovat and that is certainly a fine example. It is a perfect group 5 and at 48 grams it should be a very comfortable clencher. I am sure it will be a great smoker for you. You keep giving me the Castello itch, I have my eye on a OCCHIO DI PERNICE in my favorite shape on Ebay. I have set a price I think it is worth and hopefully I will be able to score it. This is all your fault. lol

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Nice score Chris,

The old SC Sea Rocks have an incredibly deep and craggy rustication to them. That pipe looks to be in excellent condition regarding its age. Superb, enjoy.

rev413

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2013
Nice one!

This pipe is on my list to get here in the near feature. Ive read nothing but good things about it, so why not.

Congrats and enjoy!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Well how's two day UPS service from Italy for $16 US sound? I can't believe how fast it got here. I am having it forwarded to me at work so I will have it in my hands on Saturday. I can't wait. I smoked some Nutty Walcut(50% Carter Hall / 50% Walnut) today in an SD cob and my taste buds are slowly coming back to life so I should be good to go by Saturday. I appreciate the nice comments guys!
Thank you so much Neat Pipes! Outstanding shipping speed!! :clap:

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Congrats, great looking Castello's. I've managed to score some nice high grade pipes on ebay but I keep getting beat out on the Sea Rocks I bid on.

Status
Not open for further replies.