PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
So, in my quest to find a few Aromatics I might like, I opened a pouch of Amphora Regular today. It only took one bowl to decide I will never like it. So, later, I am walking through the Kroger parking lot when I spy an old Amish guy in a buggy smoking a pipe (we have a lot of Amish around here)! I quickly retrieved my pouch of Amphora thinking to give it away. I greeted the gentleman and told him I, too, smoke a pipe. I asked him what tobacco he smoked, to which he replied "Oh, Half and Half!". I produced the Amphora, but before I could offer it to him he says "Oh, I don't like that!". I said "Neither do I", waved goodbye, and walked away, still in possession of the Amphora. You know something is bad when you can't even give it away!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’ll trade you the rest of my 100 grams of Reiner Professional Mixture for it. Pm me if you’re interested... it’s an aromatic.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
If you don't find a home for it, I will send you my address. That stuff is on my list to try.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I was gifted a bit of it a few years back. Try it in a cob, I think the added sweetness helps.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’d like to try and clear some things up here. When you all refer to it as Amphora Brown, is that street slang for the original? I don’t see any Amphora Brown on the current market (US that is). Is Amphora Red the same as Amphora Brown? I only see; Original, Full Aroma, and Special Reserve Black Cavendish.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Uh-oh, does this mean we have a new Mixture 79? 79 was rehabilitated by chasingembers, as I recall, who likes that licorice twang. Maybe someone can repair the Amphora image. Something has kept Amphora around for all these years. Interesting the Amish allow themselves tobacco. I wasn't sure.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I like the Original, aka Brown very much. The current productions seem to be a little moist and need a light dry time. As for the Full Aroma, aka Red, if the OP is not enjoying it, I suggest a long dry time. Maybe that will help?

Status
Not open for further replies.