PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Just to get you going Di (in a nice way)I bought a pipe in Oz and good baccy with it.Mind you that was about 57 years ago.Looks like somebody has been cocking the place up since I left. :crying:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
What????? no picture of it.

needpics1.gif

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
LMAO ya silly 'ol bugger (I can say that, I'm one too) - that was in the days before this country was screwed by our lunatic politicians, religious zealots, when "men were men and the sheep were nervous!!!" Maybe we did have decent baccy way back when, before the Govt. decided to tax it & alcohol so heavily they could afford to give us all free health care for anything & everything.
I'm 52yo now, am incredibly worldy for the av. Aussie in terms of my past life career and travelling the world etc. and in all those years there's only one person I've ever seen or talked to that smoked a pipe and that was my grandpa (Dr Pat & a single briar). He'd be right proud of me with my collection of fifty twelve pipes and growing by the day.
I honestly reckon it's due to lack of culture over here - you see as much RYO & green stuff as tailor made cigarettes (soon all to be in matching drab green/brown boxes regardless of brand) and the only time cigars, cheap crappy ones at that, come out is when babies are born.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
a friend of mine is an ex-pat aussie who goes down under every couple of years to remind himself why he left. he thinks the laws in kalifornia are positively liberal compared to aussie land....
poor bugger whould have a heart attack if he lived in montana or texas....

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
Damn Aussielass, that puts my complaints about Canada in a slightly different perspective.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
"Maybe we did have decent baccy way back when, before the Govt. decided to tax it & alcohol so heavily they could afford to give us all free health care for anything & everything."
You listening, USA?
He who would trade his liberty for safety will lose both and deserves neither

Status
Not open for further replies.