PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Just kidding.. but I AM singing his praises!
I just wanted to give a huge shout out to Dixie. Ever since I saw this post,Here I lusted after that Bamboo Dunhill. We talked about it and I begged him to hold it until I could pay for it...
Little did we know that he would be the reason I had to put off buying it more than once. You see, I hankered after a good many of the other pipes in the photos above. When it was all said and done I got, in order of purchase:
1: Comoy made Disney World pipe shape 215
2: Lane era Charatan Freehand Relief Sandblast
3: Ser Jacopo Maxima cutty
4: Lane era Charatan Freehand Relief cool Dublin blast
5: Sassieni 4 dot Ruff Root
6: Lane era Charatan Special smooth with plateau rim
7: Lane era Charatan Supreme
8: Ginormous Don Carlos Magnum rusticated pipe with plateau rim
9: 1976 Pete Block Meer/ Silver band
10: Pre-Rep Pete Kllarney Natural
11: Pre-Rep Pete shape 222/ Silver Band
12: The gorgeous 10 knuckle Dunny listed in the pics on the original thread Here.
I am away from home for the moment. Once I get all the pipes together, I will take a picture. I may even make them their own rack...
I am truly honored to have dealt with you, Steve. You have been a joy to deal with and have single handedly improved my pipe collection a great deal, both in quality (especially the boost to my Charatan collection!) and in checking off pipes from my bucket list. (Pete Meer, Disney, 1st Sassieni, Dunny churchwarden)
Thanks again, bud,
Mike

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
Congrats on the Disney Comoy, wyf. Know you had been looking for a Disney pipe. Picked up five Disneys in June myself and two Peterson's this month. Just one white whale left. They call him "Dunhill".

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Heck one more pipe you could called a Baker's Dozen PAD! Congratulations that is not only quite the score it's a monumental achievement! Regards and very sweet smokes.

banjo

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Thanks guys! SJ, I saw your post today. Those are NICE Disney pipes. Did you ever pin down where those stingers come from? They look like whitehall stingers, but are not identical.
Michael, I am eager to meet you at the BBQ as well. Hopefully the Dunhill comes in this weekend. If not, it will be stuck in the 'Couve while I am up here working. LoL.
I am going to try to sell some stuff off around the house. I still want a 2015 Seattle Pipe Club pipe, but my Pad fund is LONG gone, and my wife now holds the Ebay password... :crying:
Thank you for the congratulations, but these, with a couple others will be the last of my PAD. once I am down to retirement checks and GI Bill, there will only be room for quarterly TAD purchases, so I went out with a bang. :)

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
I am probally going to sell 2 of my Castello's so I can buy the club pipe. I really like bulldogs and I would buy the rusticated one so I only need $175.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I remember that! You snatched that up right away. YOU are who prompted me to hound him about the bamboo Dunny! Whew! I can tell my wife it's all your fault. Maybe I can get more pipes. Haha!
Seriously tho, I need to get my cellar in order now. Once tobacco is illegal, I'll get great deals on pipes... ;)

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,

Old times there are not forgotten,

Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.
In Dixie Land, where I was born in,

early on one frosty mornin',

Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.
I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!

In Dixie Land I'll take my stand

to live and die in Dixie.

Away, away, away down South in Dixie.

Away, away, away down South in Dixie

Status
Not open for further replies.