PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsby

Lurker
Nov 20, 2014
After my first few posts on here I encountered pc trouble and went afk, I have since got a new laptop and still had trouble posting pics(whats the best free software for resizing pics?)anyway, I had 3 different tobaccos to start with for my firsts: sir walter Raleigh, half and half, and frog mortons cellar. Results=sir walter is like cigarette tobacco imo, half and half is a lil better for sure, but O MY!, the frog Morton cellar is my fav so far. I am ready to expand my options into the latika blends or euros for that matter. My hand carved briar pipe is working fine. At first I wasn't excited about the frog mortons smell, but now after a week I am addicted to it,lol, I may venture inot some vanilla aros but I do like the frog cellar, any suggestions? thanks.......

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome back bigsby. Sorry your pc flamed out; glad you're back in business. Yes, it's a big step up

from Half and Half to Frog Morton. Especially if you are smoking moderately, you may as well stick with

the up-market blends, buying bulk if/when you need a price break.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Welcome back! :puffy:
any suggestions? thanks..
A couple ... slow down your cadence and SWR will taste sweet and nutty instead of cigarette-like.
Skip the Aro's and keep going down the English / Lat blend path.
You may want to try Missouri Meerschaum's American Patriot or Mac Baren's HH Highland Blend

since you liked FMC.

bigsby

Lurker
Nov 20, 2014
Thank you, another question , are all the frog mortons similar, what would be similar to the frog cellar but maybe stronger?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
what would be similar to the frog cellar but maybe stronger?
I listed the above suggestions because they have a whiskey topping like FMC does.
For stronger and not laced with whiskey try some Dunhill Nightcap.

bigsby

Lurker
Nov 20, 2014
roger that cobguy, I must smoke outside so I can see where I might be a bit hasty(it is getting cold!lol) in my judgement of my pouch tobaccos, I need to find some free software that is good for resizing pics?? thanks for the reply

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
There is a free version of Photoshop CS 2, though you might have to search a bit to find it. If that's overkill, you can resize your pictures using the "Editor" tab at the photo hosting site www.photobucket.com . Then you can link your images directly from there.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Welcome back. The big 3. PC, Software, Baccy. Wow. Try the Photobucket, tuold linked for you. :)

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
I am a big fan of Frog Morton on the Bayou and have an unopened tin of Cellar awaiting me. After reading yours thoughts I am very excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.