PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I must admit that I was blown away when I opened my Father's Day Gift from "my wife". She had contacted Bob Hayes (my Artisan Pipe-Maker) who is Craig Tarler's son-in-law of C&D and a retired Navy Seal. It was pipe number 15 from Bob Hayes and they picked it out together! I am proudly smoking this pipe right now loaded with Captain Bob's Ship's Mate Blend from C&D. This pipe shall be the third Hayes pipe dedicated to this particular blend. I feel very fortunate and I am honored as I hope all of you "husbands and fathers" have been honored on Father's Day!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

click on picture to enlarge:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
That is a sweet pipe! I love the craggy rustication and it looks like it has a cumberland stem on it. Very nice! I got a grill book from the kids and I plan on grilling most of this week's meals using the recipes from it.
-Jason

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is gorgeous, I also love good rustication. I just did a search on Mr Hayes and saw some of his pipes for sale. They are some nice looking pieces. Congrats on the new addition.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
lordnoble and herbinedave,
Thank you! I am so excited about it. On Christmas, Cathy also did the same thing. It was a very special pipe featured in the Kansas City "Panel-Pipe" carving contest. I saw it featured in Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine in the Fall issue and I really admired that pipe. I had no idea that it would be under the Christmas Tree! Below is a picture of it. This pipe is dedicated to CBB!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Click on picture to enlarge:

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Thanks, cigrmaster! Click on picture to enlarge.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Both the pipes are extremely sharp. I really enjoy the combination of the first pipe (rustication and the stem).
Cheers.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Personally, I highly recommend BOBHAYESPIPES.COM. It is not so really important that Bob Hayes (retired Navy Seal) is Craig Tarler's (CEO of C&D) son-in-law. But, that is what brought us together. Bob Hayes is a consumant gentleman, a premier pipe artisan, winner of many awards and the best friend a pipe smoker could ever have. Eliminate the multi-middlemen and go direct to the artisan. Bob will build you a pipe at a reasonable price and always stand behind his workmanship. In a list of "best-friends" Bob Hayes is at the top of my list! After all, I have 15 of his custom-made pipes. They are the bulk of my collection and I would have it no other way.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Thanks, ejames!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Those are both absolutely beautiful pipes...I especially like the KC "panel pipe". Enjoy every puff. :puffy:

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Thanks, brian64! I also received a die-cast model of Danica Patricl's #7 NASCAR race car and an autographed picture from her! I am in heaven, now...

click on pic to enlarge:

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
What a beauty, Enjoy!!!!
And, yes you are a fortunate father/husband.......

Status
Not open for further replies.