PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
A good weekend- had the grandkids- went inshore fishing with the 9 year old Gio. Caught 5 trout, a Spanish Mackerel, and Triple Tail that we blackened on a cast iron skillet in the Big Green Egg..Today, I’m being the perfect lifeguard except for the fact I’m drinking beer and smoking a pipe. I figure if they’re having problems, they’ll yell at me or the dog will bark. Man- it’s nice to relax- had bronchitis for two months and working12 hour days with a new company we started hasn’t left much time for relaxing...Also managed to get in some shop time on a pipe for Harris and a new Morta for Chicago...a great weekend...
bdoaxe.jpg

157bzt.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
"I'm a lousy lifeguard," doesn't usually follow with a good story :rofl: Looks like peace and contentment in Zack Land though. I recognize that pipe. Isn't that the meer that cracked when you waxed it?

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Isn't that the meer that cracked when you waxed it?
Yep..and it’s pure magic- best smoking pipe I’ve ever made...(but then again- I haven’t made a pipe for myself in a couple of years- apparently I’ve improved...:)

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Watch out for that overwork. You have a lot of lifeguard duty ahead
True....We’re at a crazy spot- Our business on boat loans in Puerto Rico exploded(in a good way) after the hurricane- the guys with construction companies, car companies, and infrastucture had their business go through the roof...and we ended up following along....so I start at 5 in the morning on development on the new company which will give us total control and double the revenue..and then it’s business as usual from 9 to 6...and it’s working out to 75 hour weeks and Greta is in there for 40 or so...plus all the time she spends keeping us between the rails..no complaints- we spend lots of computer and phone time, but we spend it together and can do it anywhere in the world that has a good wifi connection...just leaves me a little short of time to make pipes,,,:)
Isn’t that the meer that cracked when you waxed it?
That’s the one...and it’s pure magic- best smoking pipe I own...but it’s probably pretty typical for the drilling and stemwork I’m doing now...it’s always interesting seeing how pipemaking evolves over time....
Good looking dog, too!
Dolce is very sweet but blind as a bat...We’re about to get her cataract surgery- that should keep her from falling in the pool...:)..or maybe I’ll just get the S. Bang on EBay and get her a cane...:)

Jan 8, 2013
That’s the one...and it’s pure magic- best smoking pipe I own...but it’s probably pretty typical for the drilling and stemwork I’m doing now...it’s always interesting seeing how pipemaking evolves over time....
You're still on my list to have a commission done at one point or another. I just remember that was a beautiful pipe and shame that the crack happened.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It was...it’s so hard to get block Meer- that’s the problem...
Can’t wait until Chicago- I’ll have 13 pipes and about the same number of restored Meers- always a good ime!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Cheers! You look very happy and relaxed. Push it forward. I can’t wait to see your pipes in Chicago (and meet you in person of course).

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
You sure look relaxed , I miss my pool, moving to the farm is peaceful but pool would make it more. I've played lifeguard for the kids on the block in Baton Rouge having the only pool there I had a lot of customers. HaHa. Miss my fishing also Zack.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone who'd get their four-legged companion cataract surgery is tops in my book. My joke related to cats but also applies to dogs is, the greatest lies in the English language are: "free puppy," or "free kitten," but when an old friend can be revived, it is priceless. My wife recently had cataract surgery and she still exclaims at the "new" colors in the world. And she now has normal distance vision. We had to pay extra out of pocket for laser procedure, recommended for her situation, but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.