PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I posted this in the General Discussion forum and someone suggested I put it here as well for beginners. It describes a simple, non-messy way of rehydrating your dried out tobacco.Here's a modest tip for easily rehydrating tobacco that's easy and not messy. I'm sure it's not an original idea, but I called it a hydration chamber. See the photo below: You simply get a larger container with a wide open mouth, and a second container that you can put inside. The larger container needs a top, preferably with a waterproof seal.

img_08161-600x561.jpg

Now simply put a desired amount of tobacco in the second container or jar, pour some distillled water into the large chamber; put the second, smaller container with tobacco into the larger container. A tin of tobacco will float nicely in the large container and speed the hydrating process; the closer to the water's edge the second container, the faster the hydration process. Then just put the lid on the main container, checking and stirriing the second container with tobacco for humidity level. Within a short time, this will occur in a few hours, overnight for 2 ounces, depending on how much water you add. I've tried this chamber on three batches and it works wonderfully. Your main problem is getting the right size chambers: triy K-Mart or other stores where they sell in their houseware departments a contianer-withiin-a contaier rig. Another member suggested using Tupperware containers, which would work just as well, and it probably easier to get. I think you will find this technique works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.