PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You're a good man, Cosmic. Hope you have some good traveling music. Aren't there calming treats for dogs? Might be worth a try.

Thanks, MSO

images

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Cosmic! :rofl:
We are slightly inside the cone of death. But on the left side of the rotation which is supposed to be less intense. We'll see.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Here we go again. Michael will pass directly over us here in mid-state SC. Just got thru with Florence and now this. I can't wait for winter to get here. I hate summertime with a passion.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I have never experienced a hurricane...must be frightening. To all of you that will be impacted by hurricane Michael...good luck and wishing you all the best.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Its October and they name the thing Michael. Anybody else immediately think "Of course, Halloween season and Michael Meyers shows up"

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Last year when Irma came through the State it devastated the power grid and many of us were out of power during brutal heat and humidity for a week or more. I was w/o for 8 days, and all I saw here were 41 mph winds and a hard rain.

I hope damage is as minimal as can be, but, we gotta be smart when faced with facts. I guess there's not much chance of that becoming popular though.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'm glad my mom moved back to the Midwest from Florida a couple weeks ago. Just in time!
I've been though a couple rough weather situations, including having no electricity for several days once during the summer, and once again after a particularly bad winter ice and snow storm which the authorities here in Southern Indiana aren't really prepared to handle. A generator (with an inverter) and a wood burning stove go a long way in those situations.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We're in the center of the currently projected track for rain toward the weekend, but nothing compared to the coastal hit. Prayers to those folks; I hope people onshore just leave for higher inland ground to the east or west, out of the track. Winds at those speeds, and then the storm surge, and then the residual flooding -- just don't don't fight it. Get out.

Jan 8, 2013
Last night when just before I went to bed they were expecting it to gain strength to a Cat 3 by the time it made landfall. I woke up 3am this morning (had to go in to work way early) and was surprised to learn it was making landfall as a Cat 4. I'm watching coverage right now and I feel terrible for those in this beasts path. I hope all of you dealing with thing are safe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like the dog made it to safe refuge with a happy attitude. Remember, folks, shelter from the wind, but it is the water that ambushes people. Just don't drive through water, no matter how shallow and serene it looks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Here in Raleigh, N.C., tomorrow is all tropical storm. Looks like I won't make it across town to pick up seafood. We'll hunker down. We're still soggy from Florence, so I'm hoping this won't be too much of a soaker. It's fast but fierce. Just a tropical storm for us, but the gusts could be a problem for trees and power lines. Batten down the hatches.

Status
Not open for further replies.