PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
We're all good, but lacking electricity and dealing with lots of road closures. Here are details on various services and our plans over the next couple of days:

https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/hurricane-matthew

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Hope you guys are OK, I think I have enough tobacco to last me a few days.
I will be ready when you are, though!

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I'm glad to hear everyone and everything made it out okay Sykes. I was thinking about you guys over the weekend and was worried. Again, I'm happy to hear the news and hope your back to doing business in a regular capacity soon. Mean Mr. Matt can't smoke no smokingpipes.com tobacco stash... no, no, no.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I placed an order early Wednesday and you guys got it out within hours...received my order on friday.

I sent an email to Kaye commending yall on the excellent service.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
in addition to wishing you well, I placed an order for a few tins.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Reporting from central North Carolina here. We're in the state capital and were off the grid for two and a half days, and others in town are still without power. The looming problem in N.C. (and it is still looming) is the flow of rainwater back toward the coast that is building up and causing serious widespread flooding toward the coast. I think the death toll is at 19 and probably not over. People always react to the incredible winds in hurricanes, which do take their toll in injuries and lives, but far and away the worst effects on human life are from the flooding that comes later. This was true in Floyd in 1999, and before that in Fran in 1996. The terrible lesson is, don't drive in water. It's always tempting but sometimes fatal. A footnote: My wife covered the Mississippi flood in northeastern Missouri in 1993 and was out with a boater and several others observing the flooding. The driver went under some overhanging power lines and one hit my wife in the neck and she came near being beheaded. She lost a lot of blood and was stitched back together. "I was born in this hospital," she told the doctor who stitched her up. "Well, you won't be dying here today," he said. Two days later she was back on the water (with a more seasoned boatsman) taking notes for her report. In photos, she looks a shade of pale blue green.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Hope everything goes ok. Smokingpipes shipping is so fast I think a few days delay , viewing the conditios, shouldn't upset anyone. Just glad all is ok.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
They just handled a replacement issue for me in the last few days with exceptional promptness with no excuses made for the weather. I appreciate the great service.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Glad you guys rode it out. Best wishes from those of us who have also been through big storms.
Sykes, what did you smoke during the storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.