Hunter's Blend: Labrador - An Aromatic That Delivers

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by rmbittner
  • Latest reply from msandoval858
  1. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

One of my resolutions for this year is to try more aromatics. After getting a number of suggestions from aro fans here, I stocked up on six or so blends.

To be honest, most of the recommended blends so far have just been "okay." They're generically "aromatic" and pleasant, but offer virtually no flavor and nothing distinctive. They've simply underscored why I so rarely smoke aromatics.

Then I opened McClelland's Erik Nording's Hunters Blend: Labrador. The tin claims hazelnut and caramel. And the minute you pop the tin, you realize that they aren't lying. This stuff smells fantastic. But it gets better. Because that flavor not only translates to the smoke, it translates to the smoker, filling the mouth with hazelnut and caramel and a moderate amount of sweetness.

To be fair, there is a slight chemical-like tang to some of the puffs if you push this one. And you will want to push this one, because it's so remarkably flavorful. But if you can manage to smoke slowly, the "chemical" quality disappears and you're left with an utterly enjoyable smoke. Assuming you enjoy hazelnut and caramel.

Bob

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. rickpal14

rickpal14

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bob, I agree! I am not much of an aro guy but I do get a hankering often enough. This is a goto for me. Scrumptious!!!

Proud Member of the BlackBlood Society...........
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. macabra11

macabra11

Login to Send PM

For some reason, I can't stand hazelnuts/hazelnut flavored stuff. However, I have wanted to try some of the other blends in the Hunter series. Just wish they had a "Brittany" blend in honor of my dog "Whiskey".

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. marine33

marine33

Login to Send PM

Sounds awesome Bob, thanks for the review!!

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. pylorns

James Foster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes, this is a go-to blend for me, love it.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. msandoval858

msandoval858

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm a big fan of this one as well. It's one of only a small handful of aromatics that I have found to be very enjoyable.

Mike
    Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jaytex969, georged, cortezattic, lukasstrifeson