Humans Are Creatures Of The Sea as well...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yachtexplorer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Wherever the boat is moored
and we have our myths, legends and fairy tales.
I had the pleasure of meeting Kjeld Sorensen of Red Hat Pipes at the Las Vegas Show. He had an artfully done pipe, recently made, that I just could not resist as an addition to my collection of sea creatures.
THE LITTLE MERMAID

mermaid.jpg

redhat.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That is just gorgeous! :clap:

That anyone has the imagination to see this form locked in a prison of briar, and the skill to liberate such beauty, just blows me away.

Oh! And to boot, it's a pipe! :worship: Sorensen
From what I've seen so far, your collection has graced the "pages" of PM.com exquisitely. Great taste, Yachtie!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
For some reason, Kjeld hasn't received the same amount of esteem as some of his other countrymen. Perhaps because he's friendly, approachable, and open to critiques of his work - unlike some of the other Danish "masters".
Personally I think his work is top notch, evidenced above.

yachtexplorer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Wherever the boat is moored
Nancy and I had dinner with Tonni Nielsen and his wife Barbara at the Las Vegas Pipe Show. When Tonni saw this pipe he was wowed. The next day he sought out Kjeld at the show to congratulate him on his increasing skills and artistry. Some of those "Masters" are really good guys who support up and comers. Tonni had the benefit of working under Former and Teddy Knudsen at Larsen starting at age 16. He has never forgotten their mentorship and pays if forward whenever he can.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
I am not one for the arty kind of pipes but, I must say I would have that in a minute. It looks like an art deco woman bending toward you. Yup, I would have that one, really nice get. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.