PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Yesterday my co-worker who had to run a print job off site late yesterday as our printer was down at our location. While at the location he noticed a room with a WALL full of all kinds of pipes. He said everything from peace pipes to modern shaped pipes. He guessed about 2000 pipes!! I asked him why didn't he call me? Take a picture? I would have jumped in the car just to see this collection.

But, now I know. I now have to figure out some way of seeing these pipes.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
It was obviously a trip in an official capacity, so he must know where it is, or have some documentation. May be he is bullshitting you because he knew it'd give you a chubby.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
We were in a situation to print something and through connections found this business who had comparable equipment. Finding this collection was a fluke through the circumstances. My co-worker spoke to the guy and the pipes had belonged to his father. At some point he made the comment that "there is no value in a pipe someone else drooled in" 8O

What a foolish thing to say....however some people do feel this way.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Yeah, my girlfriend thinks their gross, especially that I buy estates. "Why would you want that? That's gross. Somebody else used them." She thought my pipe smoking would be a phase ... then she found out about my cigar humidor the other day when I was doing maintenance on it.
You must find this collection. It is your destiny.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I've never understood why some people consider an estate pipe being gross. After all, when you go to a restaurant you're using eating utensils that have literally been in hundred upon hundred of mouths.

Aug 14, 2012
Your arguments do make sense, but I still have no interest in used pipes. The idea that a dead guy smoked them seems ghoulish to me.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Estate pipes does not necessarily connotate that the pipe(s) belonged to someone who is deceased. I simply consider an 'estate' pipe as a used pipe(s) such as are sold by many here, on eBay and also those that are sold by many of the online retailers.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
I've heard of entire collections being lost to the dustbin because family members did not understand the value of a bunch of dirty old pipes. It's your duty to rescue this collection.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I've never understood why some people consider an estate pipe being gross

If all you had to go by was my Grandpa's pipes you'd understand. Yuk!

I've heard of entire collections being lost to the dustbin because family members did not understand the value of a bunch of dirty old pipes

That and family members thinking they have a goldmine in a couple of cheap Tyrol curio pipes Dad got during a military hitch in Germany. 8O

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
you could just drive over and ask the guy about them.. if he has them on the wall he must not be concerned about showing them.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Foggy:
Most of us here would go Old Testament Abraham and sacrifice that first born kiddo to get to your lovely Dunhills.
Would I smoke one of your "estate" burners after you've escaped this earthly coil? Oh, hell yes.
But ghoulish?
Not in the least.
I'd smile every time I lifted that pipe up to my cake hole and remembered all of your wonderful posts and ever quotable bon mots.
Jason, the best of luck to you in tracking down those pipes.
Fnord

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Every day the surgeons at our hospital use instruments that have been used on thousands of patients and inserted into places more intimate than a mouth. They just have to been cleaned properly first.

Status
Not open for further replies.