PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Hi guys, I've recently changed duty stations from North Carolina to Poughkeepsie NY, looking for some good smoke buddies in the Hudson Valley area. Unfortunately, the Marines don't give me a heck of a lot of time to pay attention to my pipe but it's always nice to find like-minded folks that can appreciate a bowl after a long day. Any ideas??

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo jo
There is an active Hudson Valley Pipe Club that meets monthly. They, along with the New York Pipe Club, are having a Slow Smoke Event and Holiday Party on 10Dec near Wappinger Falls.
hp

les

kwguy

Lurker
Nov 23, 2016
New Windsor, NY
Hey Les. Thanks for the plug. The Hudson Valley Pipe Club meets the first Wednesday of the month, for the most part, at a members house in Pleasant Valley. The next meeting however is November 30th as we have some business to discus concerning our Holiday event on December 10th. PM me if you'd be interested in coming to thr meeting and/or coming to the Holiday event.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-2016-northeast-regional-pipe-smoking-contest
Bill Feuerbach

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm still hoping to make the KW event this year. My youngest is having a baby that was due 12/4 (New Orleans) but as of yesterday, that date looks to be moved up considerably. Hopefully, I'll make both events and look forward to meeting everyone.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Really hoping my work schedule permits! I'd love to be at my first pipe event!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know much about the Poughkeepsie area, but I attended a wedding there about two years ago, and we were invited to stay at the guest house at Vassar College. It was kind of neat, like an old 1940's hotel, not chi-chi the way you might think. Two good things about it. The guest house had smoking areas, ash trays at tables, though our social duties prevented my ever catching a smoke. Better, the local antique shops all had estate pipes. I didn't find anything that grabbed me, but it was far better "pickings" than what I have locally. It's beautiful country. I think you'll like the area.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Thanks, Les for the plug as well.
Hi Josh, I know it's a bit of a distance from where you are stationed but if fate ever finds you with time to join us, the NY Pipe Club meets the second Tuesday of every month at SoHo Cigar Bar in SoHo, NYC. All of the info can be found on our website and, if I may suggest, I would recommend you place your email address on our mailing list, the only thing I will ever send you is an invite to each meeting or special gathering.
www.newyorkpipeclub.com
All the best and thank you for your service,

Lou

goner

Lurker
Jul 22, 2013
NYC
any pipers on the other side of the river? i'm in Ulster, in the Stone Ridge/High Falls/Accord area. would love to find some local peeps to get together with.
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.