Huck's Pipes & 5100 Red Cake

(10 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by lifesizehobbit
  • Latest reply from blueeyedogre
  1. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

True to my break in habit, I just enjoyed a bowl of 5100 Red Cake in my new Huck's pipe. It's a smaller chamber almost pocket size rusticated chimney. Tyler Huckfelt is newer to the pipe scene, but this little pipe just smokes great right out of the bag. It fit so nice in my smaller hand, that it just felt friendly. The draw is very nice and it packs well being a chimney shape. Smoked cool even during a pretty stiff breeze on my back porch. I am looking forward to some very enjoyable times with this pipe.

Puff on!

Dave "Black Frigate Stowaway"
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. perlasca

perlasca

Login to Send PM

Nice.
    I've definitely have, as of late been drawn to the smaller sized pipes. Plus I'm into the rusticated/Sand
    blasted finish.
    I'll have to try me some of that Red Cake some day. Always heard good things about it.

Sounds all ready like you are but, I'll say it anyways... Hope that pipe brings you enjoyment and
    good smokes for a long time.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. jefff

jefff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's a nice looking pipe. All but one of my pipes is smallish. I my tiny brain it seems I cam smoke more different blends.

It's been 25 years since I have smoked Red Cake, I need to revisit it.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. sparrowhawk

sparrowhawk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When I was trying to find. An acceptable substitute for aromatics, a forum member turned me on to Red Cake. This is now one of. My got to non-aromatic Bacchus.

There is no beauty without some strangeness in proportion.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  5. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice pipe & +1 on the Red Cake!

Michael
    Posted 3 years ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That 5100 is fine leaf, all by itself any time, and as a blending tobacco with many others. The ketchup smell in the jar doesn't bother me at all, since the smoke is so elegant and flavorful. Small pipes are great, light weight for clenching, and able to deliver a longer smoke with flake, plug, and rope. I still love my several really large pipes, and all my medium size, but small pipes are a great boon to any stable. That's a great looking little pipe with an ample bowl. fishnbanjo put me onto small pipes, which always looked to me like souvenirs and toys. Wrong.

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. jefff

jefff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am going to buy a pound and let it sit in jars for at least 5 years.

Then I am going to hope I live long enough to enjoy it.

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

danhester

Login to Send PM

I like that pipe. The wood accents there at the mount.. Awesome. I haven't tried the 5100, but I have been enjoying some 000 Fragrant Matured Cake. Interesting smoke.

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. deuce26

deuce26

Login to Send PM

There is nothing better than a new pipe and some aged 5100!!!!!

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. blueeyedogre

blueeyedogre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Red Cake is one of my Faves...... I have a few different homemade blends that use red cake as the base.

"Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong." - Corinthians 16:13
    "Let us be English or let us be French . . . and above all let us be Canadians." – Sir John A MacDonald
    "The world was to me a secret which I desired to divine." - Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
    Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   georged, cossackjack, davidy97, dcon, canucklehead, hauntedmyst, tbradsim1, americaman, geopiper, heeman, upnorth1, weezell, ashdigger, swan, ron123, npod