Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
Are the HU Tobacco paint cans sealed? Or are they like the unsealed Peretti cans?

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
They're not sealed with a vacuum. However, they do have a solid paint style tin that I'm sure will last a few years. Anything longer than that, I suggest a better storage method.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
Thanks, murica! I'm looking forward to that FK. Right now I've got a tin of Director's Cut. Just wondering if I should go ahead and jar it.

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
Yo Zero
You will have that FK tomorrow I believe. Ill send you tracking. I got it out yesterday but forgot to PM tracking.
FYI. fK comes in the tin, which holds two bars in a plastic bag.

crapsdiceroll.jpg

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Just opened one of theselikes tins,and was gladly surpriced how very tight the lid fits and closes, I think even if this type of can is opened the tobacco inside would preserve its freshness yet be smokeable during say a one full year,

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Are the HU Tobacco paint cans sealed? Or are they like the unsealed Peretti cans?
They're pretty much the same animal. Perfectly fine for storing for a few years. If you're storing for the ages, forget about tins, any tins unless you seal the tins in something else, and just jar the weed. As for tins, cutter tops are good for long term storage.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
FWIW, Reiner uses the same style paint tins and I opened up a 10 year old tin recently and it was perfectly still sealed

Exactly. These style tins are my favorite! I've had no trouble with them at all. I say keep it in the tin. I've had my tin of Directors Cut for over a year now and the tobacco still needs a bit of drying time before I load it up.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
They are sealed, as in closed, but not sealed as in vacuum sealed, apparently.
So, put the whole tins in mylar bags and vacuum seal those.

Status
Not open for further replies.