PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
A beautiful sight--this order of HU tobaccos arrived on the doorstep this afternoon, an order jointly placed by Jim Amash (Jiminks) and myself. Included in the order are the following tobaccos:
Director's Cut,

Sunset

Haymaker

Bahia Orange

Nashville County

Mystery Blend
HU makes some of the world's finest pipe tobaccos, selecting only the best leaf, handblending with superb skill. Sadly, these tobaccos are not currently being sold anywhere in the US, so they must be individually imported at considerable expense from Germany. It cost a pretty penny to bring them over to this side of the pond, but now that they're here, Jim and I look forward to enjoying them.
No doubt you've noticed that one of the tins is upside down. No--it's not a mistake. It's the Mystery Blend, and it has a name, but nobody in Europe or he US knows what it is – – yet. Jim and I are the first to get it in the US, and only a mere handful in Europe have been given samples of the blend. Our mission, if we accept it, is to test drive this new tobacco, reporting the results to Hans, who will use our evaluations in marketing this new tobacco. The mission was cheerfully accepted, and I had my first bowl this afternoon. Jim plan on smoking it starting Monday, and then will put our results together, letting Hans know what we think. I can't be more explicit than that, because that would give away some of the details of this superlative blend, but we'll let you know as soon as it goes gold.
c8c16253d6aa1ca897bf54844c44f53d_zps99fe8127.jpg

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
What!?!? Mystery blend? That's fascinating.
I have to say Director's Cut is top notch stuff. So so good.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hans Weidermann makes some of the best tobaccos in the world. He knows great tobacco and understands what to do with them. Director's Cut is my favorite of his blends. For those who missed them, here's links to my reviews of his blends:

http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/jims-hu-tobacco-reviews.39136/

http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/jims-hu-tobacco-reviews-round-two.40160/

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I have two questions, do you deliver to Australia and as a new pipe smoker, can anyone offer me some insight to the different types of pipe tobacco, like flake, plug and the standard cut or ribbon tobacco. I prefer a mild to medium blended tobacco and am yet to find a couple of tobaccos to alternate. Which tobacco brands would you recommend I try? I have only tried Dr.Pats Irish Blend so far. Was all I had at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.