PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
So on my first order with HU I ordered director's cut( I will buy more), Indaba, Janneman flake and dockworker flake (did not tried this one yet). I am now wondering which one I should buy next. I prefer red Va, burley and kentucky blends. I have Nashville county and Sunset on my list.
What are your favorite blends? Any must have to cellar? I will definitely get more Director's cut, does Edward G. worth it or is it too similar to director's cut?
(Edited title, please see rule number 9.

Thank you, Robert.)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Edward G. is similar to Director's Cut, and though it pains me to write this given my avatar, Director's Cut is better. In addition to what you listed, I'd add Flanagan, Old Fedder's, and Makhuwa.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
I have all blends that you two listed cellared. :) I would add Haymaker and Indaba to the list. And yes, Sunset is a must imo.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think the slow response on this thread has to do with the low name recognition of HU pipe tobacco, which apparently isn't a household word even among experienced pipe smokers like most Forums members. Some know it, but not so many, I'd guess.

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
@mso489
Thanks for the answer. Since I discovered HU on this forum, I thought he was a bit known around here! I'm far from an experienced smoker, but I know he's blending pretty good stuff!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
HU will be better know after this thread. Which sponsor, if any, carries HU? I don't remember seeing in my long online perambulations.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
You can only get HU tobaccos from Hans himself.
For those who may have missed my reviews of many of Hans' blends, here's a link. You'll have to scroll down some to see them all. Hope they help.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-hu-tobacco-reviews-round-two

Status
Not open for further replies.