PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I have been wanting to write about this blen for months . I was gifted this a couple of months ago from a Doc. I work with in the ER . I opened the ziplock that he had obviously aquired through pipesandcigars . I noticed the sweetness of honey and vanilla . It almost brought me back to Granma's kitchen , where many sweet potatoe pies , and vanilla sweet bread was baked . I filled the bowl of my Savinelli gator , and almost imediatly fell in bliss . The tobacco seems to have some black canendish , and some golden tobacco's , which im sure , isnt virginia . May have a little burley , maybee im wrong . Could be a lighter cavendish blend mixed with the black . There was no bite , mildly sweet , and held a good light considering I didnt give it a chance to dry a bit first . I was also impressed by the way the taste held up throuoght my entire bowl . I would definatly give this a full recommendation to those who love Aro's , virginia's , and Burley blends . I think it would even be more than tollerable to the English lovers as well . :puffpipe:

Jul 15, 2011
I hear a lot about this blend and never have had the chance to try any of it yet. I have been led to believe that it is a maple flavored blend, and I LOVES me some maple flavored tobacco, so this is definitely in my book to try.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Trout Stream is one of my favorite blends and one of the first that I ever tried. Can't go wrong with this one and the name is perfect. Makes me think about fishing the streams in No. California in the spring. Good review!

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
I like this blend, and actually smoked it this morning btw.
This tobacco by far smells the sweetest of any I know right out of the bag. To me it literally smells like cake icing.

whimsyt

Might Stick Around
May 22, 2012
Greater Boston
Trout Stream has a definite butterscoth-y smell to it. I've never discerned any maple in it, though, but that could all be personal taste.
But this is one of the short-list aros I enjoy. Quite a lot.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
i purchased the Victory sampler from P&C recently which includes this. It's really wonderful as an all day but i have been enjoying it with coffee in the morning and some tea at night.

While it is an aromatic it is an aromatic with a light touch. No topping smashing you over the head. I feel this is best about midway through a bowl. All of the scents and flavors are gently sweet and very enjoyable.

I am known as a guy that has a constant angry scowl on his face and i swear i felt myself with a beaming smile after smoking this for the first time.

Definitely going to have a place in my everyday pouch once this sample runs out and i get more.

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
As a "noob" I am pretty excited for mine to show up, I have read quite a few reviews on this stuff and I think I will enjoy it.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Trout Stream 4 for 1oz or 25 for 1lbs at P&C. I think it's great deal with fine stuff.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I am enjoying a bowl as I type this. How can you go wrong with a blend having a name like this. I would expect the same for a mixture named Raquel Welch! :lol:

acadianangler

Lurker
Apr 14, 2014
I just received a 4 oz bag. I am anxiously awaiting the water levels to go down to find a stream and cast a fly line and have a puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.