PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Has anyone sampled McClelland's Dominican Glory or Dominican Glory Maduro? This is pipe

tobacco with cigar leaf. Cigar leaf has such a wide variety of flavors, this could be wonderful

or not wonderful at all. I'm probably vulnerable to the warm orange tin, being a visual creature,

but it would be useful to hear from someone who has actually packed a bowl and tried it. Thanks.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
MSO it is a good smoke, I mixed some with Bailys Balkan and McCelland Bulk Turkish Ribbon Blend and it was a wonderful smoke Creamy, lots of thick Rich Smoke. 50% Glory, 40% Balkan and 10% Turkish.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds mighty fine, Old Cajun. I may skip shipping, pay a little more, and support my local independent

pipe shop, which seems to have laid in a few tins. Anyone else, pro or con? I do admire the way McClelland

has managed to mimic a cigar wrapper with their orange tin and lettering. I don't like to be snowed by

marketing, but when it's good, I do admire it. Thank you for the "yes vote!"

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I've only tried the Maduro glory, it's one of my favorite smokes. The Maduro glory comes in a broken flake and has dark stoved Va's, where the Dominican Glory has a ribbon cut and no dark stoved Va's or maduro leaf. I have a tin of the Domincan Glory but haven't tried it yet, but the Maduro glory I highly recommend if you like Va's. It's not very cigar like, but it's a top notch Va.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I agree with Andrew - it's definitely not very cigar-like, but a good VA smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.