PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drist

Lurker
Apr 27, 2019
My name is Debra, 52,smoked my dad's pipes for years, he passed and just started again. I prefer a small pipe, 4 to 5 inches, and sweet tobaccos.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from Austin, Texas.
My wife's son is in Nashville and we visited a few years back, during the "big eclipse" event.
I got to visit BriarWorks and had a blast. If you've not yet met Pete & company, swing by one day. You'll find it enjoyable and informative.
Once you make it through the enjoyable process of figuring out our pic posting contortions, you'll have to show us your dad's classic briars!
jay-roger.jpg

drist

Lurker
Apr 27, 2019
Jaytex,

My dads collection of pipes and guns sadly were stolen shortly after he passed, I wish I had both.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
There's a special tier of hell for people like that, right between lawyers and politicians.
Reminds me of a great bumper sticker I saw recently. On the back of an old pickup truck, with the bed full of aluminum cans, fishing rods and a few tires.
It said, "Touch my fishin' stuff and I'll show you my huntin' stuff."
jay-roger.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from SE Louisiana. What part of Tennessee are you in? I’m currently visiting one of my son’s in Johnson City.

ron44

Lurker
Apr 20, 2019
Sorry about the loss of your Dad's pipes & guns. You'll enjoy this site, I know I have. Welcome.

drist

Lurker
Apr 27, 2019
Pappymac, I am in middle Tennessee, about equidistant from Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga.

drist

Lurker
Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Hoping to get some experts advice on good small pipes and good sweet tobacco. Just ordered my first good one(I think), a Big Ben ranger. Also ordered some BR cherry liquor and some PA cherry vanilla, will see how that goes.

drist

Lurker
Apr 27, 2019
I prefer cherry, vanilla, rum, bourbon, etc... Sweet aroma and taste, mellow tobacco flavor is what I smoked before.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
As far as small pipes go, you might like Savinelli's Petite series. I don't own one, but I can attest to Savinelli's great quality and value overall. I don't smoke many flavored (aromatic) tobaccos. so I can't give much advice there, but I am quite partial to GL Pease's The Virginia Cream when I want an aromatic smoke. It has a vanilla/bourbon taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.