PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
With all the different backgrounds we have, I'm curious to know how everyone occupies their fingers while enjoying a pipe. Generally, I find myself working on or playing instruments. It's like a gravitational pull, with them being right next to my desk and all. I'll pack a weighty bowl, pour myself a big tumbler of gin, and usually out of habit pick up a guitar or whatever happens to be close by (except, of course, the ocarina. It's hard to puff and play wind at the same time.)
What about you guys? What's the hobby that, for you, goes hand in hand with this one for you?

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Usually I zone completely out and go to the nothing box.
Occasionally I will be reading through the forums or surfing the web, but my pipe is kind of my do not disturb time. I am quite a bit more social when enjoying a cigar though.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My day usually revolves around photography so my hands are busy with cameras and lenses. Or, I'm culling in front of the computer so my hands are busy with the mouse and keyboard. When day is mostly done my hands are busy with the "Kindle", corresponding on the forum or holding a glass of something.

Mar 1, 2014
I've been listening to the Pipe Podcast or watching either Movie Fights on the Screen Junkies youtube channel or the latest news from CIG about Star Citizen (also on youtube).
I have a few books that I've been intending to get through with my pipe (but I've been having a hard time getting time in with my pipe lately).
I should also note, I never clench, so at least to a certain extent smoking a pipe is keeping my hands busy.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I only smoke outside so I'm either sittin' or fishin'
Smoking a bowl and watching the sun burn the mist off the river with the sound of the dawn chorus as a background whilst waiting for the line to be tugged through my fingers signalling the first fish of the morning is without question a favourite.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I find pipe restoration very relaxing and enjoyable. When I smoke a pipe at home, I mostly read, or listen to music, talk radio. A nicely rusticated pipe goes well with a book.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Smoking a bowl and watching the sun burn the mist off the river with the sound of the dawn chorus as a background whilst waiting for the line to be tugged through my fingers signalling the first fish of the morning is without question a favourite."
drennan:
You should contact the Sutliff Tobacco Company's advertising agency, as your quote above could be the basis of a new commercial for their Great Outdoors pipe-tobacco blend!

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
Pipe in left-hand, remote or mouse in right.
how-to-smoke-a-pipe-like-a-man.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Usually browsing on the web with music playing low in the background or watching a little tv. Sometimes I just dim the lights and sit quietly enjoying a nice relaxing quiet smoke. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.