PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I freely admit that I am a moron. I have never used a torch lighter and can't figure out how to use the free, cheap Chinese one that came in the P&C customer appreciation bag. I have only ever used my Old Boy or my Zippo. Thanks in advance for anyone who can enlighten me on the use of this new technology. I feel like a caveman who's found a radio.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
Thanks, rothnh. Since the torch lighter is no good for pipes, I don't know what I will do with it once I manage to figger out what to do with it. I smoke relatively few cigars and either I light them with matches or the scalps of my enemies... :)

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Silly question but did you put fuel in your lighter? I believe PandC doesn't ship there lighters with fuel. Other than that YouTube the type of lighter you have there's bind to be someone using it in a video.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
Hi everyone, my trouble was not nearly so advanced as fueling the lighter. I couldn't figure out how to open the flip-top up. But I looked at it long enough for the answer to become obvious. I don't know that I ever will fuel the lighter. I don't have any use for a torch lighter. I think I will give it to a buddy who smokes a lot of cigars... Thanks for the input, everyone...

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
took me a few minutes to figure it out. There's a sliding switch on the side that you use to open it. you also must slide that switch up in order to push the button down and spark it.
So, that textured button on the side is not fixed there, it slides up and down. And it's key to opening and lighting this lighter

Status
Not open for further replies.