How to Post Pictures in Threads. (For Now)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I just posted this in another thread but I thought it might help if I post it a stand alone thread. If you are having trouble posting pictures just follow these simple steps and you can't go wrong!
1.) Upload the picture you would like to post to photobucket.com

2.) Click the image after it has uploaded.

3.) Copy the IMG code that is next to the picture you just uploaded.
screen-capture-1-2.png

P.S.- Usually just clicking the IMG code on PB.com will Copy it for you.
4.) Paste IMG code into your post and submit your reply.
screen-capture-2-1.png

There you have it! I thought images might help everyone figure it out, hope it helped! Of course this is only until Kevin gets the image uploader working :D

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I hate to be the newb who shows up and tries to tell the old guard how to do things, but is it possible to get a "preview post" button? That might make it a bit easier to figure out if your picture posted or not before committing it to the forum. I know you can edit after you post, but previewing could be handy.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Bubba, I tried your suggestion but I don't get the pull down menu you highlight when I go to Photobucket. Fredvegas has an excellent idea. I hate to waste people's time if the picture isn't going to be there. I really admire the guys who do this with little effort.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Once you have uploaded the picture, click the picture and it will redirect you to a new page with just the picture you clicked. Now look to the very right side of the screen (you might have to scroll over to the right). The box should just be sitting there and the IMG code should just be sitting there!

Status
Not open for further replies.