PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Sometimes I want to bold or italicize a word in a PM, because I don't know how to format long PMs nicely like I can in a regular post. I've been playing with the allowed markup PMing myself, and weird things happen. First off, I don't know the format for the backticks (the left-leaning apostrophe key to the left of the 1 key), and I wish I could make paragraphs, but haven't figured out how yet.
See, new nice paragraph, so this is easier to read. The only two useful codes that appear to work in a PM (I don't need to change the font or it's color) is em (italics), and strong (bold). Here's how to reliably make bold or italicized text in a PM.
I'm going to use parentheses () in the examples instead of the correct less than/greater than signs. Replace the () with less than/greater than signs in the PM.
The code for italics is em, the code for bold is strong, so to make text italicized, do this:
(em href="")this will be italicized(/em)
The only space is before the href. For bold text, type this:
(strong href="")this will be bolded(/strong)
Remember to replace ( with the less than sign (Shift+comma), and replace ) with greater than (Shift+period)
Congratulations, I just made the most boring thread ever. Dunhills suck!!! Discuss...

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Not boring at all! Thanks, simnettpratt.
Didn't think it would work at all in PMs, so I never tried. Gonna try now! Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.