PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

costa226

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
Ill keep it simple.
what do you do to keep your mouth healthy before, during, and after smoking.

P.S. If you dont give a shit about your mouth, please refrain from commenting here, thanks.
For example:
what to drink while smoking to prevent tounge bite?

what mouthwash afterwards?

how often do you go between bowls? how frequent?

what method do you prefer to smoke to help with tounge bite?

do you like any special mouth washes? ( salt rinse, aloe vera, biotene etc )
Thanks!
Rule 9- please capitalize your titles... thanks, Zack

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
unfortunately sometimes it happens that in order to tame down tongue bite/leathery feelin tongue I have to go searching for Biotene yet,often I dont drink nothing but if I do (with after dinner pipe)its Scotch diluted with water-soda

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I generally drink room temperature water whether I’m smoking or not. I’ve found that carbonated drinks tend to burn more when I’m smoking and cold/iced drinks do as well. I also drink hot coffee in the morning and the occasional dram of whisky during the evening and I smoke whenever the mood strikes.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I care about my mouth, about the same as the rest of my body. (Why so truculent with the language?)
I avoid tongue bite by drying my tobacco so it burns well, and by laying off for an hour or two if discomfort manifests.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Ya know... I just had a chance to read the full OP post- based on your comment, your mother might tell you to wash your mouth out with soap, be polite when you occasionally post on a forum, and enjoy interacting with the sarcasm and humor from the members here...:)

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Every six weeks I see my dentist for cleaning and maintenance. He complai9ns about the tobacco stains.

I find the pipe most enjoyable when I keep it simple. I do not drink anything when smoking except in the evening, port. I smoke ten to twelve bowls a day and smoke so as not to get "tongue bite." Never found the need to use a mouth wash due to the pipe.
There I bit again. For being a member since 2015 you are asking some novitiate questions. How long have you actually smoked a pipe? Have you been having these concerns?

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I almost always have something to sip on while I smoke: coffee, tea, kumis. Biotene is in the medicine cabinet if needed but with experience of drying the tobacco enough and better smoking technique it's been months since I had to use biotene.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Even this newbie sees the 'old' members asking silly questions a lot lately. It must be slow season for other things to do besides ask silly questions and put in silly statements about who can reply to the silly questions, along with bring to light some ancient threads.
So, I have not seen or felt or heard of tongue bite since I joined this forum. Dry tobacco fixes that for me anyway, along with not trying to burn the pipe to a cinder while smoking it. I drink whatever suits my mood. Many times rum and something, or coffee or just water. The drink can help with tasting the smoke or just be part of the enjoyment of the day.
So, tongue bite? No thanks, not necessary.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Don't have a problem with tongue bite, I smoke slowly.... Smoke 3-4 bowls a day... I like to drink coffee, beer, bourbon and scotch with my pipe, depending on "drink mood", I think a pipe goes well with all of the above...I do use a mouthwash at night, but only because it's habit of about 20 years.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
+ 1 for Warren,true old codger style,although I must confess I ain't having such a wages which would allow me to see my dentist each half year, I'm happy If i can afford that each another year,in two recent years those charges were doubled and no compensations whatsoever.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Am I allowed to comment Costa226?
It seems the OP has a thing about "tounge bite" and bad breath going by his previous posts. Perhaps he is an oral hygienist?
Regards,
Jay.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Now now. He is probably a younger guy trying to use harsh language and tone to "fit in" with you renegades.
You all can be an intimidating bunch to an outsider.
:rofl:

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
....and I can’t think of a positive outcome on this thread...Closing it down- time for a beer...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.