PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Club members,aren't you tired of meeting at the same old B&M or on the porch (smoking permitted) of that same old restaurant? Wouldn't it be better to be Lunting about, getting exercise, fresh air and a change of scenery to keep the membership invigorated and involved? Well gentlemen, I submit that the answer you need is a treasure hunt - for tobacco tins I should think, using GEOCATCHING - a posting of GPS co-ordinates ,and then sometimes clues, to make it even more fun for the membership to locate the hidden stash! Picture this in a public park with the benefit of the patrons seeing hale and hearty pipe smokers out and about in vigorous pursuit of this months door prize! The possibilities, gentlemen, are endless. And there you have it. A modest proposal,faithfully submitted.
Plugugly

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Lets not and say we did! I did get a kick out of seeing a park full of pockey man hunters wandering around Riverside Park last evening. I've never seen anything like it. 8O

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I usually think of lunting as a solitary time for private thought, but it might be a group activity. It might have to be, if the campaign against pipe smoking continues. Frankly, I think it might be a little distracting to have a sort of hiking club, a lively conversation, and a good smoke, but I guess multi-tasking is the trend. I'd give it a try.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Reading this from the perspective of the original "A Modest Proposal" is the OP actually saying that a pipe club SHOULD NOT hold mobile activity-based meetings and that it's actually a ludicrous, unthinkable prospect?
Kidding aside, such an activity wouldn't be for everyone, but with the right assemblage of personalities it would be an enjoyable endeavor.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
During the winter, one of the major attractions for a pipe club is to be able to smoke indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.