How to Get a Corn Cob Bowl to Work With?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gripsie

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
Hey guys,
does anyone of you know if it's possible to simply get a bowl of a corn cob without a drilling for the shank? A pre-drilled chamber would be OK but not a must. But I guess that the inside of the chamber is somehow treated to make them more resistant against the heat?
The background of my question is: I'd really love to have one or two Cobs similar to the ones offered by Old Dominion. But I don't like their measurements. I'd love to have a chamber at least as large as the Virginia Planter's (or slightly wider), but with a bowl not as tall and a shorter stem. Besides, I'd like the stem not to enter the bowl that much at it's center but placed slightly more towards the bottom of the bowl.. I do have some Bamboo here, so I could take care of the shorter stem..
Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks for any help! :)
Eddy

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I bought a Cobfoolery kit and was very pleased. Pick up some of their Pipe Mud while you're there. It's inexpensive and you never know when you might need it.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Roast an ear, eat the corn, dry the cob, use a hacksaw to cut to size.

gripsie

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
Thanks guys!
I think the cobfoolery sets are great for my purpose. I had never heard of them so far.
And I just watched the video exlaining the Pipe Mud. Really looks great for giving a cob more durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.