PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

muntajab

Lurker
Jul 29, 2010
should I humidify it first (because it is dry) , and should I cut more than one leaf together? or roll the leaf?

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
The way I do it is bring the leaf back into case, soft and pliable. then take the mid rib out and layer a few leaves on top of each other Roll em up like a big ugly looking cigar.Using the missus's new sewing sissors :twisted:I cut into ribbons as thin as i can get them.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Yup, as said above except when you mist it with water I usually use whisky or rum with a bit of sugar in it.

also I was lucky enough to obtain a tobacco shredder.

KGrHqUOKpwE6VrqRJBOn46yNQ-Q60_3.jpg

KGrHqUOKjEE6dHWKSbGBOn47u1lnQ60_3.jpg

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
drsam,

do you have any pics of that contraption in use? If so I'd love to see them!
-Jason

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Thats a dam nice shredder. i usually cut it then give it a quick burst in the coffee grinder.

i usually mist with sugar water , but did toast some with maple syrup and honey came out quite sweet

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
No, I have no video capacity at this time. It is made of cast iron. The heavy roller holds the rolled leaf on the belt and when the crank is turned it is drawn into the three steel knives on the wheel. It is made in Germany and I got it on ebay. There is another type that uses square pegs on a roller to tear the leaf into little flakes. shown in fotos.

KGrHqUOKnE5-yBJBOuy65ZQ60_3.jpg

KGrHqUOKpIE5V-sCIhUBOdpfWD7g60_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.