PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Putting aside the Chicago show, where things got a bit out of hand ( http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pecks-chicago-haul ), I have been atypically restrained and disciplined this year on the PAD front. I have bought about 5 or 6 pipes since the Chicago show.
You have some real beauties there.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
My most severe year yet. ;-) I went from one pipe (nice latticed billiard meerschaum) to seven pipes total. I added 4 corncobs, an estate briar, and I just bought, but have not yet received a Ropp with a horn stem.

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
My PAD especially hit hard, each of the three times I walked in to Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint, MI. My TAD flared up each of those times as well.....

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
How severe? Answer: Very.
I'm not in the mood for pictures, but I bought over 30 pipes in the last year which does not include about 10 cobs.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
@gloucesterman - Very nice Bulldogs by the way.
I promise to buy no pipes in 2016.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yikes! I just checked my ebay purchase history and it looks like I've bought 19 estate pipes since Jan. !st. I also bought one new pipe from one of the site sponsors, and I won one new one from the cartoon caption contest. Oh, and I bought one estate pipe from a forum member too. Some how it just doesn't seem like I buy that many pipes... my wife thinks otherwise. :roll:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Only two pipes. My first author ever was a Sav 320 Gaus I just bought about 2 months ago. My second pipe this year is being built as we speak and it probably won't be done before the end of the year. It's another author and my first commission. (I really regret missing out on having Rad make me a pipe a few years ago)
I think 2016 will be a TAD year. I thought I had enough stock piled but I think you can never have enough.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Mine was more a case of me trying to figure out what type of pipes I like. I bought and sold about a dozen pipes (a couple were expensive lessons), before I settled on what suits me.
I'm now in the process of selling off my Comoy (sold) and my Chacom and replacing them with Savinelli 315KS's. That would leave me with a net for the year - 4 Savinellii's and a Dunhill. I'm even considering selling the Dunhill (which I love though) and going with a 100% Savinelli lineup.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Heh. I more or less doubled my stable, 14 pipes at the WCPS in Las Vegas- all estates— and another dozen or so from sundry pipe shops, online and a garage sale, some new, some used.
So glad to see the link to Peck's Chicago collection. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.