Tags:  No tags yet. 

How much nicotine ??

(13 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by changojoe
  • Latest reply from lordnoble
  1. changojoe

changojoe

Login to Send PM

Hello! some one just asked me .. "how much nicotine is there in pipe tobacco? compared to cigarettes and cigars?? I really don't know. so maybe some one here has an idea.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. bubbadreier

Bubba

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was just discussing this with my Neighbor. He asked me if I get a nicotine buzz (we both quit smoking cigarettes around the same time) now that I am smoking a pipe... I didn't think so and I mentioned that I don't think there is much in pipe tobacco... It was a long convo that ended with us both confused! I would love some clarification if any one here has any!

Mason jars and bale top jars, mason jars and bale top jars.... that is all!

"There’s truth in the statement that pipe tobacco will never be any less expensive than it is today, so think of your cellar as a cost averaged investment" - G.L. Pease
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. maineyachtie

maineyachtie

Login to Send PM

I couldn't say what the actual range in nicotine content is. Has that has ever been defined? However, I do know based on personal experience that the range is quite great. I've had blends which appear to have little nicotine and others that made me nauseous and light headed after half a bowl.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There is definitely Vitamin N in pipe tobacco.
    Some blends have more than others.
    Some are very light, some are not.
    There has been a number of discussions on this subject over the last several months.

Furandfeather started a string that was very interesting:

Strongest Blends

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. unclearthur

unclearthur

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A few will leave you wandering around wondering who you are . Most though I have had no problem with.

If at first you don't succeed you are running about average.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  6. surfmac211

surfmac211

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If there is any question whether you can get the "n buzz" from pipe tobacco, just try Peterson Irish flake. This will hit you harder IMO more than cigs. I made the mistake the first time smoking a full bowl of it in a large pipe and about passed out. Its a great tobacco though.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

LMAO, unclearthur! I feel like that before the first cup of coffee somedays!

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 4 years ago #
  8. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

LOL surfmac. Been there, done that with the Peterson Irish flake.

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 4 years ago #
  9. collindow

Collin Dow

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think Mac Baren Acadian Perique may be pretty high in nicotine; I definitely got a buzz off of the bowl of it I had today!

Photobucket
    The best gift to give a woman is what she told you she wanted when she thought you weren't listening.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Irish Flake is my morning wake-up tobacco, for obvious reasons.

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. chuckw

chuckw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As Lawerence said, it varies with different blends. Light aromatics don't seem to me to be very strong but the brown ropes will set me down. The black ropes aren't far behind.
    A word of warning. Bushmill's, G&H Brown #2 and an empty stomach do NOT play together at all!!!

I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  12. louisrmantha

louisrmantha

Login to Send PM

Most good tobacconist will tell you the nicotine content of a tobacco buy its strength. This way you can avoid too much of nicotine buzzes. Also there is a point I also would like to bring up.

Since the nicotine isn’t introduce in your blood stream by your lungs, since we don’t inhale the smoke. It will be introduced by your gums, the buzz can be delayed. So personal dental hygiene is to consider and you can easily make your own color check to see how you’re gums are doing. Since my wife is a dental hygienist, she gave me a few tips.

Healthy gums should be pink, the closer your gums get to red, the more you should worried. Inflamed gums will induce nicotine faster in your system and could cause gum disease. So! Brush and floss. Also for heavy smoker if your gums color are going toward a greyish white. This means you’re killing your gums and putting your teeth at risk. So smoke responsively.

So, good dental hygiene and normal smoking habit are also important for nicotine intake.

Let’s keep this a healthy pass-time.

Posted 4 years ago #
  13. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the info, louisrmantha! Very helpful!

-Jason

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sothron, jmatt, mrenglish, bigsby, billypm, tbradsim1, phil67, soymilkisgood, mcitinner1, jiminks, wyfbane, tobyducote, dochudson, pitchfork, instymp