PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
10, and I only smoke 9 of them. I have a mint Peterson Dracula that I have in its factory box. I am picky about pipes, I had 15 at one point but sold five of them because I didn't use em enough, or at all.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Around 80, and I've only been at it less than a year...on a La. retired teacher's salary. I have two Tinskys coming this week and then I think I have to stop for awhile.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
@Peck, if I recall you have around 300 pounds of tobacco in your cellar, you must have at least 100 pipe socks?

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Fourteen I use, two of those I use rarely, four or five I use regularly, seven for English blends, which I guess I don't smoke during the warmer months, and then a couple boxes of basket pipes, and estate pipes that are in bad shape, that have been sitting in a closet.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have 31 artisan pipes that are in my regular rotation. I also have 5 factory pipes that I rarely smoke so I have a total of 36 pipes. My large pipe rack holds 36 pipes, I also have a a couple of racks that hold 6 pipes each, plus a display box that holds my Rad Davis 7 day set. I have plenty of room for more pipes and do have plans to buy a few more. I have no plans to get back to the 70 or so pipes I had at one time as too many got ignored. Right now my 31 artisan pipes get smoked on a regular basis and I like the fact that none of them sit for months un smoked. If I never bought another pipe I would be fine with my current number.
Let's face it, no one needs 50-500 pipes but the thrill of the chase and the feeling of seeing that brown truck pull up is orgasmic to many pipe smokers. I remember the days when I couldn't go one week without buying a new or estate pipe. I used to scour ebay and the on line estate dealers for hours at a time, day after day. I would get a case of PAD that could not be controlled, I was totally addicted and I loved the feeling.

Do I include the ones in drawers and in boxes in the bottom of my closet? Ha ha. I keep 18 in live rotation at all times, but I am always switching out which ones in rotation. I have about six that are slowly becoming a part of me that will always be in rotation.
My estimate is that I now have about 60 pipes, just a guess. It seems like a lot, but it is still less than the amount of shoes my girlfriend has.

Dec 24, 2012
I actually have no idea how many pipes I have. I can't believe I'm not the only one. Unlike my tobacco, I just don't keep track of my pipes.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I don't know. Ask my 8-year old. She "helps" me count them all the time -- I just don't let her do it out loud. Or when her mom is around.
I'm guessing 40-50. Actually, my wife encourages me to buy Nachwalter/Briar Workshop pipes -- she thinks the snowflakes are cool.
Hmm... If only she know how cool the names "Ulf Noltensmeir" and "Per Hansen" are. :mrgreen:

Jul 12, 2011
+1 w/CigrMaster ~ I think last I looked it was about 35-40; A sweet mix of Balkovec, Tinksky, Boswell, Hackert, Rad Davis, Ser Jac, Radice, Ardor, Cavicchi, Nording, Perry White, Stanwell, IMP, Peterson, Sav, Brebbia and a bunch of custom cobs :puffy:

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Last time I counted I had 40, but then I culled 10 I didn't smoke much and picked up a few more. I think I'm around 35 now. I've learned the styles I like now and I'm more focused on a quality number of pipes of the type I like to smoke than quantity. Most of my hobby money goes into tobacco these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.