PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
OK so i know there have been threads on "how much and how often do u smoke" but i thought it would be nice to get a census on acutal amounts in ounces. I, myself smoke about 4-5 ounces a week, the equivilent of approx. 2-2 and a half pouches a week, naturally give or take a bit. I've read on here of some puffing continuously and others going days without a smoke.

Jul 15, 2011
A 2 ounce tin lasts me roughly 2 weeks, so about an ounce a week. I just can't bring myself to smoke much more than that. I am not horribly good at multitasking with my pipe and there are a lot of times that I have a lot of other stuff going on.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
eh about 1- 2 oz a week, sometimes more, when im in the mood, or less like when i go home

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
2 or 4 oz. a week when I am onshore, about one ounce a week when I am offshore. Maybe only get one smoke a day on the rig. Some days at home, I keep a pipe going all day.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm not sure I can say, accurately - since I have between 15 and 20 blends in the rotation at any one time, it's pretty much impossible to get an accurate measurement. Maybe a tin a week?

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I'm not really sure because I smoke so many different blends and they're all out of bulk jars. I've been smoking more lately, though, so the total has surely gone up.
Smokey

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Same boat as Jud, smokey.

12 or so mason jars all seeing regular action does make it hard to say.

Using the average of 10 bowls to an ounce I'd be some where between 1.5 and 2 per week.
Hmm, I tend to smaller bowls, prolly 1.5 oz per week.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Less than an ounce a week. Which helps because I can easily by more than I smoke this way.
I smoke on average less than a bowl per day. Maybe 5 bowls per week.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
Lately now that the holidays are over, only about 1 oz a week. Due to my heavy work schedule, I just can't smoke anymore than that due to time.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
A week? Approx. 3g or one bowl's worth a week. Usually (in warmer weather), I smoke about an ounce every two to three weeks. I know. It's not as much as most on here but it's the best I can manage at this point.
-Jason

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
I'm in the same boat as Jason. It takes me a damn long time to go though tobacco, resulting in having about a dozen blends open at the moment. I'm really trying, honest! :)
Fraction of an ounce per week.
Simon

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I smoke very sporadically so I have no idea not very much at all most likely it averages out like Jason maybe less pretty sad but true. The guys that smoke seven or eight OZ a week damn that's allot of smoke that pipe must never go out. You guys must smoke in your sleep HA HA

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I don't smoke every day and when I do it's usually just one bowl. I really only smoke when I have the time to relax and enjoy it, which I wish was more often than it is. Every time, it seems like I'm trying a new baccy, so I honestly have no idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.