Tags:  No tags yet. 

How Many of You Smoke Indoors?

(69 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by turtlewoman
  • Latest reply from aristokles
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

turtlewoman

Login to Send PM

When I exclusively smoked cigarettes I only smoked outdoors because the old, rancid smoke smelled so bad in a hurry. But the pipe smoke doesn't seem to smell up the house the way the other did. I've been smoking the pipe indoors for a couple of months now and I haven't noticed any difference and neither has anybody who has come over and I have pretty honest friends so I think they would tell me if my house smelled bad. I was just wondering about the rest of you guys. Do you smoke indoors or out?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. cleidophoros

cleidophoros

Banned

Login to Send PM

I do smoke inside, house, work; you name it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. radio807

radio807

Login to Send PM

I smoke only outdoors or in the garage when I'm home. My wife and youngest son are extremely sensitive to smoke, so indoor smoking is not an option except for when I'm at my local B&M.

Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke indoors. When I'm outside I try to limit myself to one of several cobs or less expensive briar. Also stick to more basic tobaccos when outside. It seems to me that a pipe and fine tobacco are best enjoyed inside under relaxed conditions, drink in hand, no wind or cold, etc.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. coalsmoke

coalsmoke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smoking indoors is out of the question. My wife hates the smell, so I smoke outside in warmer weather, in the car with the windows open a bit to air it out while driving to work and back, and in my workshop behind the house huddled around a small electric heater. Oh, what we will do to smoke our pipes!

Russ
    Smoking a pipe is true relaxation...everything else is too much like work.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Indoors for the most part, except in summer when its both. I live alone so nobody complains although I minimize smoke smell with an air purifier. I agree with sothron in that I prefer to be in my spot, relaxed with something to sip on while smoking and last, but not least, its minus 42 degrees outside with the windchill. I feel sorry for the cigarette smokers who brave that for a most unsatisfying addiction. I'm sure glad I don't smoke cigs.

Be careful what you wish for, as you just might get it.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke mostly in my car to and from work, but can smoke downstairs with an air purifier. Doesn't help that much but certainly the pipe smell residue is much better than the cigar smell residue! (PS. My wife is allergic to smoke but she stays away from downstairs!)

Allan

Allan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yup, I smoke inside! My wife and I are in an apartment, and the smell never seems to stick around more than a couple hours. I usually light a candle or a Lampe Berger. I do like sitting outside if it is warm and calm!

I have an occasional cigar inside, but try to crack windows. Cigar smoke will stick around for a day or so. I usually do cigar smoking outside in the summer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. robusthermit

robusthermit

Login to Send PM

I smoke indoors most of the time. I have never had anyone comment on my house smelling bad.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. sjfine

sjfine

Login to Send PM

I smoke in my car, in my office in the basement (with an exhaust fan), and in my local shop.

My car (or more accurately, the ventilation system) often stinks too bad for my girlfriend and my step daughter. My daughter apparently tolerates it. I spray, and use Bad Air (a great "sponge"), but it is never quite enough. Maybe I just did too much damage with the cigars (even though I was just as contentiousness).

Anyway, once the government gives me my money (I too have some as yet undiscovered combination of numbers keeping me from millions of dollars), I am going to have a way-cool-awesome-smoking-room. In the meantime, not being able to smoke everywhere is the only thing that keeps me from smoking all the time.

How did people handle this kind of thing before the Surgeon General's warning? Surely not with smoking jackets.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. colorduke

colorduke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke in my basement during the colder months by the woodstove.

I will give up my pipe when they pry my cold dead fingers off of it!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Indoors only when my wife is at work (she works 12-14 hr shifts so it's dissipated before she gets home). She can't stand the smell of smoke. Honestly I only smoke 1 or 2 bowls on those days. I'm usually busy running kids to gymnastics, swimming, grandmas, doing homework, and being Mr. Mom.

Otherwise I'm outdoors in the summer or at work. I do NOT go outside and freeze my buns off. Smoking is something I do to relax and enjoy.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. juvat270

juvat270

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Indoor smoker here as well. I'll occasionally smoke outdoors, but color me crazy, I think smoke tastes better indoors than out (though I've never understood why). I thought the same back when I was a cigarette smoker.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. eibhir

eibhir

Login to Send PM

I smoke outside. My husband and the zoo hate the smell of smoke and it wouldn't be fair to them to smoke inside. One day I will have a room of my own, but for now I have a table and chair on the porch with a great view of my neighbors. It's actually pretty nice most of the time so I don't mind.

A smile will always keep them guessing.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  15. jerry

jerry

Login to Send PM

Indoors - aromatics and Maltese Falcon (my wife tolerates the room note of the Falcon). Outdoors - English/Balkan blends, or as my wife calls them, stinky tobacco.

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. mlyvers

mlyvers

Login to Send PM

indoors, my wife does not care, i smoke in my car as well. if you smoke cigs at my house, you will have to go outside, while i smoke my pipe inside. no smoking in my house, except for pipes..

mike.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. quincy

quincy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke inside as often as I can get away with it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Both. I smoke in my condo (aro) and I often look forward some coming home from work to that sweet smell. On the other hands, I LOVE smoking out doors on a walk.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. phred

phred

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So far, I only smoke indoors at the B&M - which is a pleasant way to spend an hour or so in the afternoon, if one has the free time. Although I enjoy the smoke while I'm smoking, once it's gone stale it's still pretty gross to my nose, so I have a designated "smoking jacket" that I wash once a week whether it needs it or not. And I've got a whole shower/brush teeth/neti pot/gargle routine to get the smell off of me...

"De gustibus non est disputandum."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  20. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

zonomo, did you get my PM?

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke my pipe indoors. My wife doesn't mind my pipe at all, unless I smoke something like a cigar, she usually doesn't care.

-Jason

Jason
    Posted 1 year ago #
  22. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Aromatics---In

Latakia----Out

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 1 year ago #
  23. flyguy

flyguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke indoors in one room; upstairs in the ol' man cave. I make sure I keep the door closed so the smell doesn't spread throughout the house. The car is a smoke free zone but not my pickup. My wife is pretty understanding never gives me a hard time and I try to be considerate.

“Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting.”
    ― Samwise Gamgee
    Posted 1 year ago #
  24. flintlockjohn

flintlockjohn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke in my car when traveling to and from work or other destinations. I also have a spot in the basement where I smoke. It is not very well insulated and gets a tad cold in the winter, but I have a nice heater. The advantage is the smoke seems to dissipate fairly quickly and does not penetrate upstairs. My girlfriend does not mind the smell and my daughter likes it. It is very nice to have a comfortable inside spot to puff my pipe and read or watch a movie.

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The only time I've smoked "indoors" were in bars/dance halls out of San Antonio, because we can't smoke in any indoor public place in the city, and none of them were nice experiences because I was always around someone that didn't like smoke so I tried to move slightly farther away from the group and blow my smoke in the opposite direction of them.

Made me self conscience about smoking the pipe and just was not a happy experience.

Hopefully one day I will be able to smoke in my own house.

Simply put, I'm doing it whether the wife gives the go ahead or not. She's going to accept this part of me because she has no other option. I plan to have a "smoking room" which will be upstairs and have proper ventilation. So I will do many things that will make it more appealing to her, but at the same time I want them there anyway.

It's a win/win.

Happy Smoking Pipers.

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  26. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

Indoors and in my car when traveling.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 1 year ago #
  27. yadan

yadan

Login to Send PM

Indoors and outside. My wife likes anything without Latakia, so inside I smoke Latakia blends in my workroom. I've had a few experiences in which cab drivers, detecting pipe aroma on my clothes, actually asked me to light up in their cabs even though it is forbidden!

"I'm always easy to please since I'm always satisfied with the very best." - Oscar Wilde
    Posted 1 year ago #
  28. cacooper

cacooper

Login to Send PM

Greetings all,

Boy, I sure pity you guys with intolerant spouses. If my wife was not accepting of my pipe smoking, we would have NEVER married 27 years ago. In fact, I met here while I was working at a tobacco shop! She even likes the aroma of cigars! I thank God every day that I met her. I'm truly blessed.

My smoking restrictions are my own. I smoke ONLY pipes indoors. Downstairs or in the basement. No cigars or cigs indoors ever. And never in the bedroom or upstairs. I prefer my sleeping space clean and odor free.

Pipe smoke only hangs in the air for a short time and visiting non-smoking guests never mention it. And some of my wife's friends are real anti-tobacco! No comments, ever. My wife will light a few scented candles before their arrival and that usually takes care of any residual odors.

I'll smoke in my Xterra, but not my wife's car. She will allow me though, but I refrain. Her car is her space.

I'll enjoy a cigar while walking the dog, in my workshop or out in our enclosed deck during the warmer months. The residual stench of cigars can hang around for days and never really leaves. And, after 10 years of owning a tobacco shop, being surrounded by cigar smoke all day, 6 days a week, I'm really tired of the smell permeating everything. I'd come home every night, throw my clothes in the wash and take a shower. My shoes, belt, wallet, even my wristwatch, would reek of cigars. I couldn't wash those things. Well, maybe the watch.

I'm sorry, but having to sit in a cold, lonely garage, shivering next to the garbage cans, is NOT a pleasurable experience. You deserve better. I couldn't imagine not being able to relax with a pipe while watching a movie or reading a book, nestled in my recliner in MY nice, warm house. I'd probably quit smoking...or get a divorce!

God bless you guys for being so "understanding". Smoke on!

CACooper

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Outside and in the (heated) garage. My wife can't stand the smell of smoke of any kind (including wood and leaves, which I find utterly baffling).

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Indoors, outdoors, where ever I can.

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. thuber88

thuber88

Login to Send PM

Cheap cigars tend to last a few days after.
    Otherwise and including cigars..
    Anyplace I want to.

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pipes in my cave where I do all my work reading, writing and gaming. Use a carbon furnace filter and a Lampe Berger. Then in the summer, by the pool. For cigars I have a local club with a locker in the humidor. When the weather is nice I go to watch PPV fights, Steeler games and when they have a weekend events... or up for a game of Bocci.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  33. englishdave

englishdave

Login to Send PM

Indoors in my basement "office". The smell stays very confined to that space. Those that enter it either say nothing or comment that it "smells nice". I smoke mostly english blends, some virginias.

I'll smoke outside if it isn't windy when I'm walking the dog to the local coffee shop. I only smoke a bowl a day, and when I leave my home-office I open the windows and everything seems to be well aired out.

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I converted to outdoor smoking with cigarettes in the early 90s, and haven't looked back.

Now, even as a reformed non-smoker (I quit cigarettes years ago but have recently returned to pipes), I still smoke outside. Given the ability of smoke to cling and transfer through the house's ventilation system I just don't feel good inflicting it on others. Particularly my wife, who likes the smell of pipe smoke but suffers from asthma, and any potential kids we bring into the world.

I have a nook on our front balcony replete with light to read by, table to hold the scotch and annoying neighbour's garden to dump the ash out into. Not to mention the views of the 'hood. Now when it's -27 outside this becomes a little more challenging, and I'll freely admit to lighting 1/2 a bowl to "season the bowl" some... but to get my butt back inside quickly.

-- Pat

If this is coffee, then please-bring me some tea. But if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
    ~Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  35. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

I can smoke in my dads studio, which is a separate building, not part of the house. Other wise I have to smoke outside.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  36. cedeks

cedeks

Login to Send PM

Indoor in my office room at home, outdoor only in coffee shops ... I just love the quite smooth time sitting outside in my favourite coffee shop sipping my coffee, smoking my pipe and reading something or just watching people passing by. Usually the best time of the day.

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I feel fortunate to have my "Smokin' Hole" / Man Cave / Dog House".
    I don't smoke anywhere else in the house.
    My "Smokin' Hole / Man Cave / Dog House" is basically off limits to the rest of the family.
    Although... they pay little heed to my.... restrictions.
    Any disagreements with my "restrictions" are referred to the complaint department.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 1 year ago #
  38. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

For now I'm an inside guy, but that'll all change in a few months when:

1.) It's summer and I can enjoy a nice warm patio.
    2.) My lady friend and I sign that first "together" lease.

Posted 1 year ago #
  39. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Live alone so only indoors - that's where my computer is! Plus in Texas you can't enjoy outdoors much of the time; if I could keep it 50° in here, I and the pc would be happy.

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't smoke in the house. Luckily we have a detached coachouse, which is my man cave. I have my office and toys there, and I smoke there.

Posted 1 year ago #
  41. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anyplace I want...

Posted 1 year ago #
  42. User has not uploaded an avatar

jeffdevore

Login to Send PM

The catagory of "room notes" determines the pleasantness of a tobacco's aroma. One must be cognizant of the company and their tolerance of fumage. Some folks take offence at the mere suggestion of smoke,while burning a stick of incense. The worst part of smoking is having to dismiss oneself into some safe, private enclave. We do it out of habit. My father filled our home with pipe smoke for decades, but we could always determine the presence of a cigarette. One is the aroma of frying bacon in the morning;the other is burnt pocorn in the microwave.
    I've had more than a few folks say, "That smells like..." only to finish their comment with, "really good". Start by taking your last few puffs into the house and see how it goes.If the wife beats you about the head with a frying pan, then stay outdoors. If she ignores it, then push the envelop.

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I don't smoke in the house.

I have a deck on the second floor, facing the harbor, enclosed by ten large Anderson casement windows. During the winter months, I use a Honeywell AirGenius 5 and a space heater keeps the space toasty.

In the warmer months, I put the screens on the windows and there's as much fresh air and ocean breeze as I want.

Year 'round, I'll sometimes smoke my pipe outdoors, while taking a walk. During warmer weather, I'll light 'er up barbecuing, or when relaxing with a newspaper, magazine, or a book on the deck or patio.

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. romeowood

romeowood

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

After a couple years of heavy puffing inside, my office smells like the inside of a tobacco tin.
    This is not a bad thing, and the lady friend agrees.

Posted 1 year ago #
  45. hodirty

hodirty

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke indoors at home, no bad smells here either. I only smoke out side if im at a relatives house, or if its nice outside.

The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
    ~Albert Einstein
    Posted 1 year ago #
  46. rlunderhill

rlunderhill

Login to Send PM

I smoke my pipe in my Car or Truck when I'm out. My Garage has a Frig with cold beer, Heat, TV, Motorcycles and Tractors. Why would I smoke in the house? I have animals in the house and my wife out of respect for her, I smoke away from them.

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The catagory of "room notes" determines the pleasantness of a tobacco's aroma.

Welcome aboard Jeffdevore!

For the most part I would concur with your statement; however, oft times (with the notable exception of blends containing Latakia) the room note can be described as having a particular aroma. e.g. Grousemoor / lemon grass, Paladin Black Cherry / black cherry, 1Q / Grandpa...

Just to further clarify my opinion, I love the smell of a good English blend, as do most pipe smokers, I believe.
    To those who have never tried blends with Latakia, it may smell off-putting, and that is in agreement with your statement about room notes. What my War Department calls "stinky stuff", smells like heaven to me.

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pipes: indoors, cigs: out on the balcony. I strangely prefer pipes and this could be one of the reasons.

Posted 1 year ago #
  49. User has not uploaded an avatar

wnghanglow

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No wife to worry about, but I do have two roommates constantly pestering me to smoke there ciggeretts indoors so I smoke in the garage as an example to follow. There is a space heater in there as well as my work station and some pretty nice surround sound, we have it set up as a party room so I can't complain to much. As for smoking outside I have tried but oklahoma's wind makes that damn near impossible.

Posted 1 year ago #
  50. crk69

crk69

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Outside for me now after the wifey started on her hormone therapy. Used to be able to smoke my pipe indoors, and would smoke cigars outside. Her nose is super sensitive now, and she can smell the pipes that I haven't given a weekly cleaning to from across the room. She smokes cigs, and it's funny that she can't smell her ashtray on the front porch when I can smell it when I walk outside..

Proud Member of the BlackBlood Society
    Member NASPC
    Posted 1 year ago #
  51. User has not uploaded an avatar

qhelms

Login to Send PM

I'm indoors right now happily puffing away, the wife sitting right next to me. She is rather sensitive to smoke but I've pretty well mastered ventilation in the Rv we call home. The smell does not linger more than an hour after I finish my bowl a day. I do prefer smoking outside, especially when walking the dogs when the weather permits a 45 minute outing.

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke indoors whenever I feel like it which is most of the time. I do enjoy smoking outside on either my lanai or front porch when it is not too windy or humid. I smoke in my car and on walks with the dog. When I was married I smoked in the house and it was never an issue, the ex smoked cigarettes so she couldn't smell anything.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  53. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife, who rarely acknowledges my pipes since I generally leave them for when she's not around or at work, asked me yesterday..."Do you have to smoke your pipe in the house?" I just said "Yes" and she didn't say anything else about it. I guess it pays to be direct, but she knows me well enough that I'll do what I want anyways.

Very interesting that she mentioned it for once, but I know why...she was away for a week for Chinese New Year and I got a little exuberant while she was gone. I still cracked the windows and did my usual thing, but I got to indulge way more often than normal.

IT WAS A GREAT WEEK!

Matt.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  54. mrgunnar177

mrgunnar177

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke in my room at night after everyone goes to bed sshhhh don't tell my parents :P. luckily ill be moving out this year

You can buy education, but wisdom is a gift from God.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  55. keith929

keith929

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Indoors, outdoors,in the truck, anywhere I can.

A smart man learns from the mistakes of others.
    A wise man learns from his own.
    ---Anonymous
    Posted 1 year ago #
  56. deleon

deleon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke indoors at home, right now we've been having 40mph winds and 90 degree weather so smoking indoors with the a/c is perfect

Posted 1 year ago #
  57. mog69

mog69

Login to Send PM

I'm kind of lucky really. I smoke aromatics when with the wife (who smokes cig's) and the dining room is being decorated so I smoke the Balkan's / English in there for now. I'll have a bowl or two in the garage if servicing the bike, and its a good way for the wife to judge the amount of time I'll spend in the garage when I tell her it will be a 2 bowl-er.

Generally I can smoke anywhere, but I do try and keep it to one room. I have yet to try smoking a pipe in the car, but that's going to a different thread.

Posted 1 year ago #
  58. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My house, my rules, I smoke.

Posted 1 year ago #
  59. erichbaumer

erichbaumer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Inside at a friend's house just off campus, and back at home when it's cold enough to have a fire in our living room. Otherwise, outside or the B&M smoking lounge.

"I don't want any of your statistics; I took your whole batch and lit my pipe with it." -Mark Twain
    Posted 1 year ago #
  60. guerillapiper

guerillapiper

Login to Send PM

Outdoors when the weather permits, and in the sun room when it doesn't.

Posted 1 year ago #
  61. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think that if a man is paying the mortgage then he has the right to smoke anywhere he damn well pleases. Life is too short to be huddled outside freezing your ass off because a wife doesn't like the smell. Tell her it is your house and your rules, never let them tell you what to do.

ps, make sure you have already contacted a very good divorce lawyer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  62. fitzy

fitzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke indoors but only in the man cave / basement and my wife never smells it so no complaints.

I will smoke outdoors when it's warmer. Go for a walk and a pipe.

Midwest Wood Creations
    Be sure to check out Gecko13's handiwork when in the market for any of your pipe accessory needs such as tampers, cabinets, pipe racks etc.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  63. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife is a former camels and Galois smoker, so is tolerant. I used to take my pipe outside, and found that a good way to keep in touch with
    the natural world, the weather, and at night the stars. So outdoor smoking is a good thing. I never smoke when driving. I'm just not a good
    multi-tasker, but also, I don't want to mix the engagement and stress of driving, with a tobacco pipe. A pipe should be smoked in a mood of
    meditation. That's one of its health benefits.

Posted 1 year ago #
  64. brudnic1

brudnic1

Login to Send PM

I smoke everywhere. I have a separate air conditioner/heater as well as a through the wall exhaust fan in my library. No smell and no problem

Doña Agatha bat Tedesco
    Posted 1 year ago #
  65. foggymountain

foggymountain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

1 vote for indoors, though it does taste better outside.

Posted 1 year ago #
  66. moses

Moses

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can only smoke indoors if the lady is going to be gone for a number of hours. And then it's right next to a window fan blowing out. Beats braving a Maine winter with its cold and wind. Also, she can never know.

Otherwise, it's a car session for me. Window cracked and NPR or ipod on the radio. Prairie Home Companion may as well be known as Pipe Smoking Companion lol.

~seanMoses

"There can be no doubt that smoking nowadays is largely a miserable automatic business. People use tobacco without ever taking an intelligent interest in it. They do not experiment, compare, fit the tobacco to the occasion. A man should always be pleasantly conscious of the fact that he is smoking."
    -John Boynton Priestley
    Posted 1 year ago #
  67. zdwebb12

zdwebb12

Login to Send PM

I smoke in a back room with the door closed and the window open. Haven't noticed a lasting smell.

“Pipe: a primary masculine symbol with authoritarian overtones but also indicative of reliability and contentment.”
    -The Dictionary of Visual Language, 1980
    Posted 1 year ago #
  68. User has not uploaded an avatar

brassonly

Login to Send PM

I usually smoke outside on the deck enjoying a beautiful view of the lake . My problem is I live up here in the great white north and it gets really miserably cold during winter. These past few months it got way too cold in the -40's even . So since I started smoking the pipe as way to sit back relax & enjoy, I hardly ever smoke in the winter months. Something about going outside & freezing doesn't appeal to me. I must admit that once in a while I go downstairs by the wood stove , light up a few candles & try to sneak a nice bowl of some of my favourite tobacco's. I sure am looking forward to having warmer weather soon as spring is just around the corner and being able to enjoy smoking my pipe again more regularly.

Posted 1 year ago #
  69. aristokles

aristokles

Login to Send PM

"Outdoors when the weather permits, and in the sun room when it doesn't." says Guerillapiper, same with me.

And in my Jeep but never wife's auto (learned that one the hard way), at the B&M's and cigar bars, and the two local taverns which legally allow smoking.

Even if my wife would not complain I don't like the aroma of stale tobacco smoke and cleaning the hazy gunk off my electronics.

But I do miss the days of firing up a bowl in my office at work (instead of wasting time outside on a "break") or smoking at home while I'm writing.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   rangerearthpig, samcoffeeman, daimyo, jjm1, pipebaum81, condorlover1, pascal, jiminks, derfatdutchman, gregprince, snagstangl, drwatson, twoonefive, instymp, jah76, indianafrank, drrock, jmatt, mikestanley, iamn8, tbradsim1, crusader, pipebow88, mromagna