How many bowls do you smoke in a day or a week?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
It depends on the tobacco I chose throughout the day. If it's my black ropes, maybe 3. If it's Mick McQuaid plug, no more than two. Four to six if it's one of my English blends.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I would say an average of 1.5 a day. I say 1.5 because it's usually 2, but there are the odd days when I miss a morning or evening pipe or that I don't smoke at all. I don't ever have a NEED to smoke a pipe, so I am more of a wait till things are settled down and I am relaxed and can enjoy my 45 min to 2 hrs of blissful pipe smoking kind of guy. There is also the occasional day that I smoke 3, but it's rare enough that I will maintain a 1.5 bowl per day average.

daveleitz

Lurker
Jun 21, 2010
Normally just 2 or 3 times a week. I got a package from Boswells Saturday, so I smoked 2 a day on Saturday and Sunday. My tongue complained, so Monday I didn't smoke any. I'll be back on the routine again, it's just that I really wanted to give the new tobaccos a try as soon as possible.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Two per week.
I would like more: so many tobaccos to try! Even at my Canadian-tax-impaired rate of accumulation, I'm stashing more than I'm smoking. I've got six blends in my stash and at least three more that I really want to try. It takes me three weeks just to rotate through! :'(
Simon

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have a pipe going nearly constantly. More likely than not, at any given moment I'm somewhere puffing away.

So it's hard to keep count, but I'll guess 7 to 9 bowls a day.

Two points though:

(1) I smoke a lot of P.A., which is so mild-flavored it doesn't wear me out;

(2) most of my pipes are group 3 sized (medium-to-small) because I seem to lack whatever skills it takes to nurse a large bowl of tobac to the bottom. I can't seem to get good re-lights on those deep bowls, but shallow bowls, even the large ones, work fine.

That's one of the reasons I'm almost always smoking bulldogs. (The other reasons are I'm in love with the looks and feel of the shape; and I think it compliments my appearance.)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm like Cortez, I seem to have a bowl going all the time.

I count by the number of packings I do.

It all depends on my agenda for the day.

If I'm away from the house most of the day maybe 2-3 for the whole day.

If like today, I'm here... maybe 6-7 depending on the size of the bowl.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I also smoke my pipe, day and night. I would say 8. That is why I have no money for pipe collecting.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
On average, 4-6 bowls per day. The variable will be the Pipes I smoke, as

some of these Meerschaums have large bowls.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
About two a day . and about 6 a day on weekends . more if Iam stressed , less if Iam asleep , more if Iam drinking , not when Iam eating , Heck it is whole lot .

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I love smoking my pipes. They relax me, and allow me to find my Zen. I also smoke to relieve pain. Yeah. I smoke quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.